• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal bulbs

pnsy56shop

Happy New Year everyone.
Would anyone know where to purchase replacement bulbs for Marchal fog light?
Thanks
Joe

Ricky Knapik

That's interesting Marty. I didn't know they sold those. I've looked at some originals for around $1000. Those at NPD look nice. I have thought about changing them over on mine, but never can decide. As a judge, what's your opinion?

Ruppstang

Did your car come with the Marchals? If so the NPD ones would be fine as reproduction parts are acceptable in the concours trailered class.

Ricky Knapik

My car is 4/4 production. By Paul's book, before 4/26 were produced with Marchal's. Part of me thinks it's kinda neat cause you dont see it often. Yet it's perfectly fine the way it is. Maybe when I get bored. Lol

franklinair

Does your CS have the original grill with the Marchal light brackets?

Neil

Ricky Knapik

It sure does Neil. What's your thoughts on the different lights Neil. I know you comment a lot on here and know cs's. I'm not completely concours, and probably never will be.
Thanks for your opinion!
Ricky

Last edited:

franklinair

IIRC, the Marchals were installed on early GT/CS's and then changed to the Lucas lights.
I believe the Lucas lights are correct for ALL CS's due to the factory recall to replace the Marchals on earlier models.
The production date of a CS should determine which light was initially installed.
I'm installing Marchals on my Black CS ($369 @ NPD) simply because I like them and its a rarity.

Neil

Ricky Knapik

I like the rarity as well. You may check Mustangs Unlimited, I believe the same Marchals are $299

Ricky Knapik

So just wondering if different bases were used when they switched over from Marchal to Lucas. I've seen what most and mine have, the round base about 1.5 inch's tall. But I've also seen the square base that Shelby used. One of you experts please chime in and educate me. Thanks

stangfan

The taller bases were designed to get the Lucas lights in line with the headlights as the Marchals were. Those are the ones you want. The square short bases were for the Shelbys.

Mosesatm

From what I've been able to surmise the square bases are the standard Lucas bases and were in the boxes when the lights were shipped to the dealers.

Many dealers used those Lucas bases instead of the round ones supplied by Ford. We're not sure if the dealers used the square ones because they didn't read the memo, didn't receive the round bases in time, gave the customers a choice, or some other reason.

stangfan

From what I've been able to surmise the square bases are the standard Lucas bases and were in the boxes when the lights were shipped to the dealers.

Many dealers used those Lucas bases instead of the round ones supplied by Ford. We're not sure if the dealers used the square ones because they didn't read the memo, didn't receive the round bases in time, gave the customers a choice, or some other reason.

I did not know that. Thanks Arlie!

OP
OP
P

pnsy56shop

Thanks Ron,
I found a guy on e bay with some original Marchal clear bulbs.
It's been a few year but it is just about done.
Joe

MrMarchal

marchal bulbs

I have bulbs for the original Marchals. They are clear, golf ball style with a 3 pin base specific to Marchal. The reproduction lights use modern H1 bulbs. If you have original Marchals, I have appropriate bulbs.