• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS for sale on ebay

jochlela

I'm interested in buying a 1968 GT/CS that was on ebay. I can't post links to eBay as I'm a new member but the car was lime gold without the black strips.

The car is at El Segunda which is too far to travel from Australia to have a look at so wondering if anyone from Californiaspecial.com has viewed the car?

Thanks,

John

OP
OP
J

jochlela

Added a picture...I hope

I have taken a picture from eBay and added as an attachment.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKkYE41U76)6-BORIQPj8ug~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKkYE41U76)6-BORIQPj8ug~~0_12.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 65

aemoo28

Be *careful* if this car is from El Segundo California USA. There is a seller in that area that had a few CS cars left to sell. I was unfortunate to have bought one a few years ago, and the car needed a complete overhaul. NOT as advertised.

Ok, that's all I'm going to say.

Last edited:

68 special

Does anyone know if the deluxe interior and GT/exterior decor group package show up on a Marti report? Also, does the exterior decor group or GT package include wheel well moldings? Are they 2 different packages or just different names? The fogs and the dreaded black taillight bezels. Nice looking car tho, but would definitely require a good once over with some good eyes.

Bret

CougarCJ

Aren't the cars with the deluxe interiors called out with the body code 65B?

DeadStang

I'm interested in buying a 1968 GT/CS that was on ebay. I can't post links to eBay as I'm a new member but the car was lime gold without the black strips.

The car is at El Segunda which is too far to travel from Australia to have a look at so wondering if anyone from Californiaspecial.com has viewed the car?

Thanks,

John

Are you really wanting the Lime Gold? I know of a super, super nice gold Gold CS for sale with an asking price less than the ending bid.

OP
OP
J

jochlela

And John, this is exactly the seller I was referring to. Just be cautious. Get car info in writing.

Thanks AEMOO28 for the heads up. This is why I joined the forum so hopefully I will save myself some pain by asking people who have seen a car.

I do like black but will pass on your car as I'm looking for something with a bit less work to do.

DeadStang

Here's his car: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/2544177728.html

"This is a real California Special, listed in the registry and marti report available. It has a rebuilt Ford engine installed by the Ford dealer, new radiator and the carpet is new but otherwise is completely stock. It was originally sold in Seattle. It a C code 289 with C4, power steering and the correct grill, lights and tail pieces for a California Special. Everything works and this car drives very nicely. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere in the country. It is one unique California Special because it has parchment interior with a bench seat and its very comfortable. The stock color is the Sunlit gold you see. I have repaired rust in both doors by welding in patch panels and it is completely rust free. This is a nice car and wins trophies at local shows, but its not perfect or I would sell it for a lot more. $16,500, email me. thanks for looking."

I saw this car recently in person and it's not perfect, as he says, but it's extremely nice and has no rust. The engine compartment also shows well. I am totally NOT in the market but almost had to consider buying it as I liked it so well. He is a very nice and knowledgeable guy, too.