• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

thinking of buying a beach house!?!?

somethingspecial

My wife and I took a drive down the central Ca. coast about a month ago and found this little unique fixer upper. It was a little cramped and had a foul smell coming from the basement, BUTT I think it could be expanded. Great view, small driveway and a bit too close to the road than I would like, But I heard you can move houses now. Any thoughts? Mike
ps. I'm thinking of renting out the downstairs to off set the purchase price, so if you know of anyone interested in a downstairs apartment near the coast, let me know. Still only in the thinking stage on this one though.

Attachments

• carmel by the sea 2011 226.jpg
    carmel by the sea 2011 226.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 52

rvrtrash

Well, you know what they say. Location is everything.

Steve

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I've seen those "Track" houses before, they all look alike and are sometimes side by side for 30 or 40 in a row, all the same color. Just don't like them. This one had a great view, and already had the orange lawn ornimants, like pink flamingos.

Mosesatm

Not sure it complies to the earthquake codes so you may want to pass on this one and find one made of brick!

franklinair

Nah... it reminded me too much of the rest stops you see along the Georgia interstate highways. ;-)

Neil

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Yes Arlie, I got the joke right off. Laughed my @$$ off. Maybe I can get a brick one and use the mobile home as a granny unit.