• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Red GT/CS in California

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Lodi.jpg
    Lodi.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

somethingspecial

Congrats and Welcome

Tell us about your car and yourselves if you wish. I'm your friendly Neighborhood Registrar, Mike Jewell. Yes, I can be a pest sometimes, LOL. Hope you make yourself at home here and any questions you have about your new car, just ask. Mike

platnumheart666

We have been searching for a time now for a nice GT/CS that is a driver that we can tinker with and slowly restore to as close to original as possible. This one we found looks like they were trying to clone a Shelby from a CS. Hopefully everything checks out with Marti. The seller had a printout but who knows with Photoshop etc. Unfortunately, they drilled a scoop through the hood and painted it a non-correct red. They removed all the stripes, added a Cobra air cleaner and even put a pony emblem on the grille. Decent interior though and a beautiful paint job. As far as rare goes, the one thing that might make this rare is the fact it has no real options. Even the AC was dealer installed. He had a set of wire hubs that he swears are factory (not the ones currently on it). I will post pictures later. Brakes will be the first thing. We had to drive over an hour on the freeway last night with no brakes. And as soon as we exited the freeway she stalled out for 10 minutes. So we have to address that as well. We will be asking a lot of questions for sure.

-Frank & Annie

Attachments

• lilred.jpg
    lilred.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

If you PM Mike or me with the VIN we can check our files to see if we have a copy of the Marti report.

platnumheart666

We input the VIN on the registry here under Annie Roman.
I have checked the spoke rims and found they were a factory option! They are pictured in the brochure section twice. - So that's some good news.

platnumheart666

Anyone know what is up with the single exhaust on ours? Is this the way It came or some strange aftermarket idea of the previous owner. Has the 302, non GT with no options really.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

This car is a J-code, so it would have the 4300 4V, but since it's not a GT it had the single exhaust.

Mike has the Marti for the car and IMO it's an original.

If you want some trivia for your car it's one of the few California Specials that were built at the same time as the High Country Specials.

stangfan

Steve,
This car is a J-code, so it would have the 4300, but it's not a GT. Did non-GT J-codes come with single exhaust?

Mike has the Marti for the car and IMO it's an original.

This car is one of the few California Specials that were built at the same time as the High Country Specials.

I've never heard of a single exhaust 4V car. Interesting.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here's a little clearer version.

Attachments

• 8R01J167305.pdf
    119.9 KB · Views: 46