• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

shelby and 2007 GT/CS ?

albegtcs

Does anyone know if Carroll Shelby had any input in the resurrection of the GT/CS for the 2007 model year, if so what was his roll ?

P

PNewitt

Nope. As far as I know...nothing at all., since this was an in-house Ford project. The GT/CS project was one of the Mustang variants. SVT was not part of the GT/CS design process, either.

The irony is that the Shelby Hertz, and the Shelby GT uses the same front and rear GT/CS-designed valances/ fascias--and side scoops. A kind of reversal of history, from what happened in '68.

Paul N.

04Retro

Carroll has very little input even with the "Shelbys: other then attending feel good meetings....

Mosesatm

Carroll has very little input even with the "Shelbys: other then attending feel good meetings....

Is that your opinion or a fact? If it's a fact will you please provide a source for that information?

Thanks

clubpro

Having spent his 85th birthday with him I know for a fact that Mr. Shelby is very involved with the current Shelby Mustangs. I also consider Amy Boylan the president of Shelby and Gary Patterson the vice president of operations good friends and would be happy to provide you with their phone numbers and email addresses if you want to verify Mr. Shelby's involvement in the new Mustangs.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• Birthday boy.jpg
    Birthday boy.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Carroll and his gift.jpg
    Carroll and his gift.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Birthday boy 2.jpg
    Birthday boy 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 21

GTCS07

Having spent his 85th birthday with him I know for a fact that Mr. Shelby is very involved with the current Shelby Mustangs. I also consider Amy Boylan the president of Shelby and Gary Patterson the vice president of operations good friends and would be happy to provide you with their phone numbers and email addresses if you want to verify Mr. Shelby's involvement in the new Mustangs.

Cheers,

Ron

I know they are all involved but I'll take Mr. Shelby's phone#, I didn't get a chance to wish him happy birthday. (Same day as mine!) LOL!:grin:

OP
OP
A

albegtcs

The reason I asked was beacuse I always get placed in the same class as the Shelby gt at car shows and don't understand why ?

CougarCJ

The reason I asked was beacuse I always get placed in the same class as the Shelby gt at car shows and don't understand why ?

I have noticed that at lots of the Ford Shows, the signature Mustangs are corraled together. Classes are often split when there are more than 3 cars one type entered, i.e. Saleen, Shelby, GT/CS, etc.

clubpro

Signature car explained

Below is some info for the upcoming Knott's show and what they consider a signature car is.

Cheers,

Ron

Here is the tip to get to park together:
1) Make sure all are pre-registered soon. It will be sold out soon. Even if it is not sold out, there is no day of show entries. Last year, Parnelli Jones was turned away driving in (we got him in) but the gatekeepers are strict.
2) get in line together, drive in together, park together. You all should be registered in the 1967-1968 Coupe, Class39. Some GTCSers have told me that they are 'Signature Cars'. A GTCS is and never will be a signature car. No one signed it (ie Shelby, Roush, Saleen. McClaren, etc).

Jon Schultz
Prez, BCMC
FCCC Knott's Committee, Special Displays