• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Are these worth anything?

platnumheart666

I just installed a Ididit column and Bilstein, Wilwood 4 wheel disc, all new front end basically. I was wondering if the original steering column and steering box are worth anything since it was only a '68 year model option?

Please let me know, as otherwise it might just get recycled.

wallace

steering column

Hi, sorry not sure if this is a tilt steering column or standard. Can you post a pic but I am interested. Let me know the details. Thank you, Wallace
785 639 6705
wallaceandkaren@yahoo.com

whodat

I was thinking of doing that too. Can you use the original steering wheel with that column?

whodat

If you changed the steering box which one did you get?

OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

Thanks Gearhead Garage!

Round 1 is complete:

4-wheel Wilwood brakes (includes install park brake cables)
Replace Master Cylinder
Installed tilt steering onto new Borgeson conversion box
Electronic ignition conversion (Pertonix points eliminator system)
Pertronic flame-thrower II ignition coil
Replace front suspension with upgraded arms, rebound bump stops, poly strut-rod bushings, quality ball-joints, Bilstein socks, 620 lb 1 springs, roller spring perches and larger 1 1/8 front sway bar with poly end-links, includes street-performance UCA and LCA assemblies
Borgeson power steering conversion (eliminates control valve and re-uses original power steering pump), new tie-rods. sleeves and idler arm
Compression test
Replaced rear shocks with Bilstiens
Stainless rear whip brake line from body to rear-end
Ididit Tilt column
New steering shaft rag-joint
SS-650 Quick-Fuel Carb with electric choke and downleg boosters
Autolite 45 spark plugs
New 14" drop-base air cleaner.
Dynacorn Magnum 500 17X7 with Falken FK-453 235/45/17

Now time for my Husband to recover financially and save up for round 2.

The bad is: Found out has Bondo on front right fender and we have to schedule an appointment with the frame shop. Apparently, it had the rear right quarter replaced and they over-layed it so the quarter is actually raised a bit. There is signs of the rail being straightened and we must see is we have to do more or plate it. We plan on doing sub-frames and just in case frame work would damage the quarter further, may just do when ready for body and paint in the not-so-near future.