• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Vinyl Top Trim Pieces

franklinair

I have a new set of the vinyl top trim pieces, but they are missing the 6 fasteners that secure them to the top. I don't have a clue as to what they're supposed to be (or look like). The trim pieces have 3 tapered 'studs', not threaded. Any idea as to what they're supposed to be, and where do I get them?
My car goes into the shop Monday for the vinyl installation. (I tried to do it myself, and botched it:sad:, so I'm gonna have a professional do it.)

Neil

Ruppstang

Neil wish we were closer so I could have given you a hand. I have a new black top that I don't need. It's your if you want it. The fasteners that go on the studs are a sheet metal nuts that cuts it's own threads, like the one that holds the quarter reflector on. A auto body supply should have them. I'll see if I can take a photo of one latter today. Marty

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thank you, Marty. I bought another vinyl top, so I'm OK. I stripped off the initial installation, removed the glue residue, so the car is now ready to have the new top installed.
I'll check with our local suppliers to locate the self threading nuts.

Neil

Ruppstang

Neil if you have not found them yet here is a picture of what they look like. Marty

Attachments

• Vinyl top trim fastener.jpg
    Vinyl top trim fastener.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 37