• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for sale ORIGINAL PAINT FULLY LOADED with MARTI REPORT

mecone

I am selling my 1968 Seafoam Green GT/CS. Its a 289-2V car with 76,498 original miles! I took it to Fabulous Fords at Knotts Berry Fram two years ago were it drew a crowd. The paint is original and never repainted. The original spare is in the trunk and the car has a second set of bias tires on it. Its a fully loaded car with A/C, Power Disc Brakes and P/S. It still retains its original factory ink stampings throughout the engine compartment.

The only things that I did were changing the power booster and master cylinder and water pump so I could make the trip to the shows.

I can be contacted on my cell at 310-227-6860 or email: mecone@aol.com
Price $17,000

Attachments

• IMG_0474-2.jpg
    IMG_0474-2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC03160-1.jpg
    DSC03160-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2476-1.jpg
    IMG_2476-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0471-1.jpg
    IMG_0471-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03158-1.jpg
    DSC03158-1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03159-1.jpg
    DSC03159-1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 100

franklinair

I agree. An ORIGINAL, well optioned C/S should sell for way more than your asking price IMHO.

Neil

OP
OP
M

mecone

My GT/CS original

I know the price is very low for this car. I am building a house and need the cash. I have 4 GT/CS's and I will be selling a repainted Black on Black for $18k as soon as I finish the new chrome installation. These nice fully optioned cars are priced low to sell. Hope they go to a well respected buyer!
Thanks
martin 310-227-6860

joedls

I'm waiting for the lime green one with the 347 stroker. Talk about a sleeper! What could be more of a sleeper than a lime green GT/CS. :wink:

joedls

BTW, I drove the seafoam green car. The engine starts right up, purrs like a kitten, no smoke, the tranny shifts very nicely, the suspension doesn't have the usual sqeaks and groans that a 40 year old car has, and it stops nicely. Those bias ply tires are a little bumpy, but I'm sure once you've driven it a while and they heat up they're better.

Martin's a class act and knows his Mustangs.

Mustanger

BTW, I drove the seafoam green car. The engine starts right up, purrs like a kitten, no smoke, the tranny shifts very nicely, the suspension doesn't have the usual sqeaks and groans that a 40 year old car has, and it stops nicely. Those bias ply tires are a little bumpy, but I'm sure once you've driven it a while and they heat up they're better.

Martin's a class act and knows his Mustangs.

That's great, Joe!! I'm glad that you met my friend, Martin, and that you can vouch that he's a "good guy", plus his cars are pretty decent too :thumb: ... these were the cars that I've been telling everyone about:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?p=55102#post55102

Midnight Special

...I bought the car pictured below from Martin about two years ago. My wife & I flew to LA, picked it up from him and drove it 475 miles home on the same day without a hitch! We've taken it to every local show and on many cruises with no problems.

Martin is the "real deal"! If you're looking to buy - count on honesty, excellent dialog and a smooth transaction. With us, he took every measure to assure our satisfaction in advance. :)

Attachments

• red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 81

J.Bart

your not going to sell that original car to just anybody are you?
i mean: like some highschool kid that won't take care of it?

Mustanger

your not going to sell that original car to just anybody are you?
i mean: like some highschool kid that won't take care of it?

Hey JBart, maybe this car is for you, and maybe you can save it from any potential "highschool kid that won't take care of it" :wink: ...

All kidding aside, I remember when I was looking for a Cal Special myself a few years back I came across a real nice black one, but I was outbid by a gentleman with deep pockets who wanted to give it to his "highschool kid" as his first car ... I hope he's been taking care of it ...

Last edited:

Midnight Special

...Thanks to some of those "high school kids", there's occasionally some pretty affordable project cars available for the passioned who otherwise couldn't buy a restored one.

I think the trend is way more toward preservation today vs 20 years ago. What we need is a new generation of articles written like the ones Arlie unearthed from the '80s & '90s...

aemoo28

While I'm down there with Martin maybe I'll just buy this seafoam car too. (Why not?) Donations appreciated. (Dream on) The only bad thing I do is race on the viaduct...but that's with the '08.

There is one very responsible 16 yr old here on the forum with a '68 CS purchased for him by his dad. I offered him money for the car, and he said no. I offered him gold rings and diamonds, and he said no. My point: you have to pick and choose your buyer carefully.

J.Bart

a friend of mine bought a 70 thunderbird, the interior was emmaculate, it needed a little work on exterior paint. the drivers seat was almost perfect, if you looked in the right spot you could see only a slight color variation.
it had the potential of a high quality original car. and then he sold it to some kid, and i watched the deterioration happen. like a corpse, rotting in the sun. he smoked in the car, left it in the sun and the interior faded, ran the tires till one front blew and rolled the rear part of the front fender under the car.
it was sad. if i had to sell a car that i had taken great care of, or taken great pains to restore, i don't think i could sell it to just anybody. like a girl that i ran into that had bought an 08 gt/cs, i talked to her and told her about the website. i tried to get her to send in the info on her car to paul for the registry. she wasn't interested at all, she told me that she bought the car because she liked the look of it. i think she will drive it like anyother car, and when it is run its course she will trade it in or have it hauled off after its dented up and doesnt have the nice new look that it once did.
the 68's were few when they were built, very few have survived, as time goes on, there will be even less. i think the one i rescued was destined for the crusher. it was so far gone i don't think anyone would have taken the time, or put in the effort to restore it.

68RUN

My Cali Special In Australia

Your car is very similar to mine as it also has the works,air con,power steering,has been rebuilt twice i bought it in AU$ for $25,000
index.php

index.php