• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 Mustangs Unlimited Spring Round-up Photos and Info

BroadwayBlue

I attended the Mustangs Unlimited Spring Round-up and Sale in CT on Sunday.

It was an interesting day to say the least.

Weather was great to start.
I parked my 68 CS and I get out and notice another CS a few cars down from me in the same color!
I couldn't believe it!!

It ended up being Bill Norman that some of you met at the Galpin Event and Knotts. He's the original owner and has been touring the whole country. He has over 455,000 miles on his car and by the end of this trip will have driven his car through all 48 states in the Continental United States. He is also hitting some Canadian provinces on this trip. He is traveling with his dog as his companion. His car has a hood tach on it that the dealer installed before he purchased it and Paul has taken pictures and documented it. It was good talking to him and hearing the story of how he got his car and his travels including replacing the rear-end on his CS while in Rhode Island.

I told Bill about Carlisle and if things workout he is going to try to head down from Buffalo that weekend and join us.

Bill took 3rd place in the 67-68 hardtop class and my car took 2nd place. A good showing for the GT/CS at this show. 1st place went to the Highland Green coupe in the pictures with the water skis on the trunk. Nice car!

Some late models also took home awards. You'll see a Grabber Orange GT/CS convertible in the pictures that the owner has documentation on stating that Ford built it by mistake since Grabber Orange was not offered on the GT/CS in 2007!!

The day ended up even more interesting - while driving home behind my 96 GT I saw a splash of something come behind the car at around 75 mph on the highway. I thought it was odd because the road was dry so it couldn't have been a puddle! Then I saw more, a line on the highway and started to smell gas! I told my nephew to quickly call my brother-in-law to tell him something was wrong when I saw him pull to the side. The car died.
We ended up having to flatbed it home (see the pics of that too!). Thank goodness I paid an additional $85 on my Hagerty policy to get 125 mile flatbed service for all my cars. We were about 55 miles from home. Once we got it home we realized the problem was that the fuel line disconnected from the fuel filter. A plastic clip came loose! We were able to put it back on for now. I just happen to have a new fuel filter and clip in the garage since we planned on changing it so it won't be a big repair and the flatbed service was no charge either.

It ended up being a good day despite the breakdown.
OK - enough rambling - here are the pics!!

Gallery link

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5079809_bYoyV/1/305939446_jR9Gq

Full screen slideshow link (not recommended if you are on dialup)
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=5079809&AlbumKey=bYoyV

Northern Pony

Rich;
Thanks for sharing with us this great set of pictures. I find it enjoyable to travel to various car shows and see cars that are different from those you see in your home area. Your slide show did this and what a fantastic variety of great cars.
Bill Norman is putting us all to shame, talk about willing to travel and talk cars, and his one owner car with all those miles is standing up great. I saw him last year in Great Falls, and will no doubt see him and his dog this September in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada.
BoB

hotrodgrany

Awesome pictures, and this is the most new generation GT/CS I have ever seen at one time in a long time, but the blue 68's are awsome in there own right. I think everyone here can agree on this.

GTCS07

Great pics and cars. That's a nice show that's only about a hour and a half drive for me but I work every Sun. so I miss alot of shows now. That green coupe shown, I talked to the owner last year at a cruise night here. I believe he was t-boned and pushed down the highway by a truck in that car and had to rebuild it he said. Quite the scary story!

HappyHour

That is amazing on fellow CSer driving across state...and here Im sweating just driving up state. Definitely inspirational...now I only need a dog for the trip. :wink:

Nice shots from the car show was there a special Mustang "Lambo door" class? That GT green and black with redline tires looks sweet!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Great pics and cars. That's a nice show that's only about a hour and a half drive for me but I work every Sun. so I miss alot of shows now. That green coupe shown, I talked to the owner last year at a cruise night here. I believe he was t-boned and pushed down the highway by a truck in that car and had to rebuild it he said. Quite the scary story!

Yes he was!! He has pictures of it on a showboard and the whole story. I saw him at Carlisle too.