• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MSD Ignition System

davidathans

Hey i was wondering if someone can answer my question:

I have a Pro-Billet MSD distributor, MSD 6AL box, MSD Ign. Coil, MSD Wires, and an MSD Timing Module. My distributor is set at 7 degrees initial advance, which is retarded from where it should be, but the cast iron heads with 11.0:1 compression, make the engine ping when it is turned up to 14 degrees initial. So i have a knob in the car that when it reads 0, is at 7 degrees initial and 27 degrees total timing. My question is when i turn up the knob does the total timing go up only? or does the intial timing increase as well. For example, when the knob is at 9, my total timing is 36 degrees, but does that also turn up the initial timing? Thanks