• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Side scoop

1stgmc

Looking for Drivers side air scoop for our 68 GT/CS
If anyone has a spare one that they would sell please PM

Thanks Rod & Helen

Ruppstang

Tony Branda sells reproduction scoops. They take a bit of work to get a factory fit.
Marty

OP
OP

1stgmc

Thanks for the response
I purchased one from Tony Branda last year. It didn't fit right and was ½" or so smaller in size.
The original scoop was t boned by one of the kids a number of years ago.

OP
OP

1stgmc

Hello everyone.
Still in need of LS side scoop. OEM
Any info or leads would be appreciated
Thanks

Mosesatm

The crickets you hear chirping are not because we're ignoring you, it's just that you've asked for a part that is extremely difficult to find, and people who have one usually aren't thrilled about selling it.
Keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist.

If anyone needs a passenger scoop this will work but you'll need to close off the intake.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-NOS-Fo...ash=item25ba161bd1:g:lBMAAOSw0QFXDHVd&vxp=mtr

It looks like Dynacorn now sells metal scoops.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-Musta...ash=item4d36924df7:g:dv4AAOSwd0BVzN21&vxp=mtr

robert campbell

Arlie is correct. I have a left and right NOS and a repop Tony Branda on the left side of my car currently. Someday I will replace the left one with my spare, but I am holding on to them for future use if needed.

I found the two I have on Ebay about 5 years ago. They come up every now and then, but if I was you I would not hold up a car restoration for one. They come off easy and the Branda ones are pretty darn close. Any competent body shop will get them to fit very nice.

Rob

OP
OP

1stgmc

After looking for more than two years We found one on eBay Unused and came in a ford box Original owner purchased it in 9/1975. Thanks to everyone who tried to help

Rod & Helen

Tequila

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone compared the California Pony Cars side scoop with that of the ones that Tony Branda version? I am also looking to buy an original LH one, but I guess that is out of the question due rarity of the part. Any recommendation would be very helpful. thanks.

link to California Pony Cars scoop..
http://calponycars.com/1964-1973-classic/137-bod-068-106.html

CougarCJ

Good question, California Pony Cars has been making fiberglass Mustang parts since about 1982.

franklinair

I had ordered a pair of side scoops from CJ's Pony Parts last year. Last week I removed them from the box and found them to be flawed: One had one of the countersunk holes overfilled with epoxy. The other one only had part of the ridgeline along the front edge. I contacted CJ's to no avail. Let the buyer beware. Needless to say- they've now lost a customer (I purchased a BUNCH of parts from them over the past years). NPD Does back the parts that they sell.

Neil

Attachments

• side scoops.JPG
    side scoops.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 36

Tequila

I had ordered a pair of side scoops from CJ's Pony Parts last year. Last week I removed them from the box and found them to be flawed: One had one of the countersunk holes overfilled with epoxy. The other one only had part of the ridgeline along the front edge. I contacted CJ's to no avail. Let the buyer beware. Needless to say- they've now lost a customer (I purchased a BUNCH of parts from them over the past years). NPD Does back the parts that they sell.

Neil

Neil,
Sorry to hear about your hassles and thanks for the info on what to look for.

Price wise the ones that CJ Pony carries is similar to the ones from Cobranda. Not sure if it is the same mfg'r. The California Pony Car's one is about $25 per side more and hopefully it would be a better fit.

Thanks.

Last edited:

whodat

That's how I got stuck with my aluminum radiator. I waited too long to send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franklinair

I received new side scoops today from Tony Branda's. Perfect, $80 ea. Don't know the Mfr, but the quality is good.

Neil