• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Instrument cluster lights

whodat

My instrument cluster lights won't come on. The brake, blinkers, and bright light indicator comes on. The gauges work as well. Is this the regulator behind the cluster that is the culprit? How can I test this part? Also my dome light won't come on. I changed the door switches and their is power at the light socket. The bulb is good. Is this a headlight switch problem?

Last edited:

franklinair

The instrument lights get their power thru the reostat in the headlight switch.

Neil

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I bought a new headlight switch from NAPA. Once I finish painting the lower dash I will install it. The fuse looks good, but I am going to change it anyway.

franklinair

Re: the fuse. Sometimes corrosion builds up on the fuse holder itself. Clean/burnish the fuse holder (clips) when you have the fuse removed as a precaution.

Neil

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I buffed the fuse holder today and they came on. Looks like all the holders need to be buffed. Thanks for the info.