• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

To Marchal Or Not To Marchal

darb

Okay, another opinionated question:

I have the original marchal fog lights, plus one that is in perfect condition that I found at a swapmeet for 5 bucks minus the bulb.

Right now the car has on a set of look alike marchals, with yellow lenses, and not quite the same style.

I've heard that marchal lights have a lot of value, and being my car is a daily drive I'm wondering whether or not its a safe bet to keep them on the car 24/7 or only install them at car shows.

Any opinions? What do you guys do?

-Brad

mmillstx

Brad,

There is risk in everything. I had my Lucas lights stolen off of my car while it was parked in front of John's Mustang in Houston. I was only inside for about 10 minutes getting some trim pieces. I was very happy.(sarcasm) I am still trying to get one more decent Lucas to complete the set. Not that theft is isolated to Houston, but when I was in Long Beach, Someone stole the carburetor off of my Gt/CS while in a parking lot. I guess that I just have not had much good luck with people wanting to borrow pieces.

Mike

P

PNewitt

Sorry to hear about the stuff lifted off Mike's CS. What a drag.

I'd only put the Marchals on for car shows, since the lenses and bulbs are nearly non-existant.

You got the deal of the century finding that one for $5. I've heard of a set going for $1500. The Ferrari guys want them for their 250 GTO cars & others and money is no object.

If you want more advice, ask the nice folks at Orlando (FL) Mustang.

Paul.

68sunlitgold

Brad,
I agree with Paul, I would only put them on for shows. But if you want them on full time, by all means PUT ON LENSE COVERS! There were no original covers made for them but anything that is paded and will not fly off will work. I plan to do the same with my car and will try to get something hand-made over here in Korea with the Marchal Logo on the front.

Doug

hookedtrout

I run my Marchals but I have KC padded covers that fit over them and protect them.

Cory