• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 8R01C151951 Spotted

CougarCJ

Found it at the Portland PIR Swap Meet.

It is rough, not much more than a naked rolling shell. Damage to the radiator core support and roof. Still sporting the Springtime Yellow paint.

Seller says that he bought it on eBay a while back from California. Has no Marti, asking $1500.

I didn't have my camera, and I didn't get a phone number. Tail light cutouts look correct and the seam sealer was present where the tail light protectors used to be.

No doors, fenders, or really anything that bolts to the car. Listed in the registry with full door tag information.

chattymatty

Not to revive a dead thread...

but yes, that about describes the condition of the shell as it was found 4 days after being stolen in San Diego in 1994. The trunk lid showed up at a local swap meet about a year later, but that was all I ever saw pop up. I assume someone purchased it from the insurance auction. Interesting to see that someone has stored it all these years. $13k sure seemed at lot of money at the time, lol.

RIP. Here she was a few months before her demise:

Attachments

• 19946_104450386250140_3034466_n.jpg
    19946_104450386250140_3034466_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 54