• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS (390/4speed) for sale on ebay!

390cs68rcode

no rust or rot? most likely the rear quarter panels have been replaced because of the early rear side lights on a late build car, could be old rust/rot. what other modifications have been done to the car? traction bars/long rear leaf springs.

Is this the car you were wanting $44,000 for?

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
Is this the car you were wanting $44,000 for?

I am guessing you didn't get any pics. Hard to tell what is going on with this car, pics are small and way to dark to see much.

luisa2552

Ok, I'm still a bit of novice, but the car has a higher vin than mine indicating a later production, but it has the recessed quarter panel lights of a early car. Script is wrong and those tell-tale black rimmed tail light bezels.

Mosesatm

luisa2552 said:
Ok, I'm still a bit of novice, but the car has a higher vin than mine indicating a later production, but it has the recessed quarter panel lights of a early car. Script is wrong and those tell-tale black rimmed tail light bezels.

I'm missing it. What's the problem with the script?

Mosesatm

Got it. They do look a little low. I wonder if they really are or if they just look that way because of the early reflectors.

joedls

Mosesatm said:
Got it. They do look a little low. I wonder if they really are or if they just look that way because of the early reflectors.

Arlie, I think you're right. I just looked at the pics of my car and I have the early reflectors. The script placement looks the same as this car.