• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 LED taillight upgrade.

jamoaus

Thought I’d share a simple upgrade to LEDs.
Makes a big difference as you can see from the left taillight (LED) vs the right taillight (bulbs).

Seems to have also solved my lighting issue as well with my internal lights and side lights flickering on and off when I have my foot on the brake.

4ebce1bc97d5d5dbad74d160e67a3ef3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert campbell

Had them in my GNS possible GT/CS. Makes a huge difference in the power draw through the blinker switch that are prone to failure when they power 8 old style bulbs. Way less power draw and preserving that fun to R&R blinker switch. Just put them in a 69 Cougar with sequential tail lights. Not to mention the safety factor of bright lights!!

By the way West Coast Classic Cougars is a great source for a conversion in a GT/CS. WCCC really knows their stuff on Cougars and Mustangs. Great placed to shop and get real customer service, not provided by the big parts outlets.

Rob

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Had them in my GNS possible GT/CS. Makes a huge difference in the power draw through the blinker switch that are prone to failure when they power 8 old style bulbs. Way less power draw and preserving that fun to R&R blinker switch. Just put them in a 69 Cougar with sequential tail lights. Not to mention the safety factor of bright lights!!

By the way West Coast Classic Cougars is a great source for a conversion in a GT/CS. WCCC really knows their stuff on Cougars and Mustangs. Great placed to shop and get real customer service, not provided by the big parts outlets.

Rob

Thanks! I’ll definitely look into West Coast Classic Cougars

prototypefan

That is a big difference...….wow.

Did you just change the bulbs? If so can I ask whose you used?

Does anyone know if there is a kit to make them sequential LED's?
I'd imagine you have to change the flasher for that as well.

Bobsdad

Thought I’d share a simple upgrade to LEDs.
Makes a big difference as you can see from the left taillight (LED) vs the right taillight (bulbs).

Seems to have also solved my lighting issue as well with my internal lights and side lights flickering on and off when I have my foot on the brake.

4ebce1bc97d5d5dbad74d160e67a3ef3.jpg

Looking to do this upgrade this spring, did you need to use anything other than just swapping in these bulbs?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

franklinair

I used WCCC's Plasma LED's. Kinda pricey, but they DO light up the world.

Neil

Attachments

• LAST3.jpg
    LAST3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 25

Mosesatm

Depending on the brand, and how many lights you change, you may need to change your turn signal and emergency flashers.

Ricky Knapik

I was having the normal taillight issues these cars have, so I went to the Plasma LED's as well. I didn't have to change anything else, but I know my flashers weren't original. MAKE SURE THE GROUNDS ARE GOOD! This is just taillights.

Attachments

• 20171016_201655.jpg
    20171016_201655.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 27

Bobsdad

Just ordered a set from WCCC
Arlie, I just ordered and installed their plasma bulbs. I'll need to put in new relays; the turn signals don't flash, they just stay solid. Before and after photos w headlights on.
73fa4620ad1e69d053fc8b75579b047f.jpg
57833b93da65ecf23dd01f5131eab094.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk