• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Center Console repair.

rvrtrash

Someone in the distant past, cut a large hole in the side of my console (red) and I wish to have it repaired, if possible. Has anyone had this done and had it turn out nice enough that you couldn't tell it was butchered, and if so, by whom? If it can't be done, are replacements available anywhere? Thanks.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Steve,
I have repaired cracks before and they looked great but never large holes. I don't think you can repair a large hole without it being noticed. I think your best bet is to buy an new one (actually used). Your best bet is ebay, they are for sale there all the time. Make sure you look for 68 mustang and cougar. You can also use a 67 console but there is some modifying that needs to be done but it will not be noticed once the top pad is on.
Doug

Calspecialdreamer

Is the side padded? If it is, an upholstry shop could help, if you can't find one on Ebay. Why was it cut? For a speaker?

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

It's not padded, just pebble grained plastic. It was probably cut for stereo wiring or something. There was nothing in the "box" when I got the car, so it's hard to tell for sure, but there were 4 cheap Kraco speakers in the back window. The car had been sitting since '81 before I drug it home to restore.
Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Thanks for the heads up. By the time I got home from work, it had already sold but I'll start looking on Ebay for one since I'm already looking there for parts for my Boss 351 and Sunbeam Tiger anyway. I want to thank the admin. for maintaining such a great site and everyone that cruises through here for the great info.
Steve