• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lime Gold C/S on Ebay

franklinair

C/S Lime Gold on Ebay today. 289, A/T, A/C looks pretty good. Anyone near Long Beach? MACH1FUN has it listed.

Neil

classicsguy

This is the last GT/CS from a 50 car barn find and owner has them all sold on E bay. The last one was the seafoam green with the shock towers cracked and believe a member of this forum bought it. According to owner this one is the nicest one!!

I believe he also told me that there was also an S-code GT/Cs but that one is not for sale. Cant blame him...

HappyHour

I dont remember it looking this nice! Interior as well. It doesnt mention the cracked shock towers.

http://tinyurl.com/6pr3s7

C/S Lime Gold on Ebay today. 289, A/T, A/C looks pretty good. Anyone near Long Beach? MACH1FUN has it listed.

Neil

Correction: Re-read "calssics" post...the "last" last had the cracked towers...this last one is final of the lot. Very nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

This one looks like a good driver quality with minimal work required. Bidding was up to $15K+ Sunday, 4-13. Someone (not me) will get a nice driver.

Neil

Mach1Fun

It IS a great car!

Hello Friends,

I am the one selling the Lime Gold GT/CS on eBay, with my partner Rob, who is also on this site.

A few of us spent some time getting this car running again. It seems that most of the fluids were drained before the car was sealed up in a garage for the last 10 years or so.

The car is VERY nice, and runs like a champ. The A/C even blows a litte cold. P/S, P/Brakes, Trans, engine, electrical (except dash lamps) all work. It is like the car was just turned off last week.

It is by far the nicest of the 50 car collection. If I took one of these cars fro myself, this would be it. Yes, someone is going to get a REAL nice driver.

It was cool to find a whole discussion on the GT/CS here. This seems like a nice website from what I've seen, unlike those flaming, mean-spirited forums you find sometimes.

FYI: I run a large show called 'Mustangs at the Queen Mary' - would love to have several GT/CSs there on Oct. 5. Will add a class for you guys if interested. I am also on the Knott's Show committee, and see that there are several of you coming this Sunday, as well. Be sure to drive in together so we can get you guys all parked together.

Thanks and Happy Mustanging!
Jon Schultz
President, Beach Cities Mustang Club
mach1fun on eBay

Diesel Donna

Jon...a bunch of us are at the Queen every year...even the highland green concourse "queen" that will be at Galpin and Knott's this year! What a beauty and what a history it has!.

We always get lumped in with the plain ol' 68's every where we go.

joedls

Here's a pic from your show a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• P1000194.JPG
    P1000194.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 28

HappyHour

Looks like the Lime Green for just under $20K for a soon to be daily driver, congrats Jon!

The details were very thorough so Im sure that helped in the final bidding but thats sure is very solid showing in eBay bidding.

There was a beautfil J code that was cherry with options (comfort weave, AC, tilt sterring column dealio) all went through that was in the $17K range I think. Hmmm...

BTW Joe thats a nice picture of your car....very clean! Whats the latest on the ride? Still on back burner?

Robert

joedls

BTW Joe thats a nice picture of your car....very clean! Whats the latest on the ride? Still on back burner?

Robert

Yeah, that's Courtney Hansen sitting in my car.

My car is in a frame straightening shop. It's been there for awhile. I don't call to check on it because as soon as I do they'll ask me to move it :wink: .

I'll be moving slowly with this re-build, but I will continue to work on it. I'm going to tear down the engine, make sure everythinng is OK, and re-build it with my 11-year old son. We'll be starting probably next month.

I still have to decide whether I want to go with a tubular front clip or factory style.

Attachments

• P1000191.JPG
    P1000191.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 34