• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Diecast 1:24 or 1:18

Tequila

Hi,
I am looking for a candy apple red with black stripe 68 GT/CS (ideally...) 1:24 or 1:18 scale die-cast model. I did look through most of the threads and online links posted here related to diecast models and can't find anyone selling them anymore.

I found a few on ebay but not sure if they are legit and most of them are different colors than what I am looking for. I would prefer them to be either Franklin mint or Danbury but if I could have the right color combination I will take any.

If you could share any online sources that would be great.

Thank you.

08gtcslady

Ebay would be my suggestion, but if u already looked there...

Good luck with your search. I am still trying to find someone that made mine & its a 2008 GT/CS in black. U think that should be easy...its not. I bought 4 models & have a friend constructing one to model mine just to get it..lol. I did have another friend make a mini one & hand painted the details for me. Was awesome she did this for me;)

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Ebay would be my suggestion, but if u already looked there...

Good luck with your search. I am still trying to find someone that made mine & its a 2008 GT/CS in black. U think that should be easy...its not. I bought 4 models & have a friend constructing one to model mine just to get it..lol. I did have another friend make a mini one & hand painted the details for me. Was awesome she did this for me;)

Wow. Hand painting the details?? That takes a lot of patience and hard work.

Powell

The greenlight toys 1:18 model is as close as you will find. The vinyl top can be sanded flat and painted if you do not have a vinyl top. That is what I've done for mine. There is a dealer very near to you in Washington... Mini Muscle cars can be found on the web. there price is like $40.00

08gtcslady

Wow. Hand painting the details?? That takes a lot of patience and hard work.

Yep & she did a great job;) here the real thing:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448492383.203529.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448492827.889006.jpg

Heres the mini model:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448492765.005091.jpg

Pretty cool!!

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Wow.. Looks beautiful. both cars!! Thanks for sharing.

Pink definitely adds a personal touch. :)

08gtcslady

Wow.. Looks beautiful. both cars!! Thanks for sharing.

Pink definitely adds a personal touch. :)

Thanks. It all started with the "ghost" GT/CS stripes on the side. I wanted something to make it more noticeable without changing the original...in came the pink pinstripes. ...and it just continued from there. Heres the engine bay & trunk-which are also black with pink accents. That was our winter project last year. Tore her completely down to the block, painted parts in my living room, & rebuilt her.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448597174.396652.jpg

A before & after:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448597192.586057.jpg

And the trunk:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448597297.070709.jpg