• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Do you like the 1968 model year Mustang even if its not a GT/CS?

CaliGirl68

I was always a fan of the '66, thought that was THE car. I bought one when I turned 17, then drove a friend's '67 Fastback. I was in love there and then. I sold mine, bought a '67 Coupe and the rest was history. I am now the proud owner of a '68 GT/CS that I love. I can think of no other body style that has the look the '68 has. Hands down my favorite.

franklinair

CaliGirl68,

We'll have to rendezvous our C/S's. We're north of you in Franklin, NC. Not many C/S's in this part of the world!

Neil Hoppe

U D-SIDE

I only recognize the '68 GT/CS Mustang in 1968. All others are... what are those... I don't know what those are...

LOL...

The '65 coupe was my 1st Mustang in 1980 (I turned 16). It was a Red on Red w/console. Paid $1200. It has always been my favorite till I've learned about the GT/CS over the past couple of years. So, I would add only the '68 CS to my old favorites. Not the ....what are they...'67 - '68 standards.

Johnny B.

John McGilvary

I have always liked 68 Mustang coupes, in 68 I bought a GT/CS,
and in 2009 I bought a 68 Mustang coupe. Cool then, cool now.

John

franklinair

'68's have always been my favorite model. 1967 was the first year that they actually had there own frame design. '65 & '66's were actually on the Falcon frames. '67's (coupes) only utilized one torque box on the frame, but in '68 Ford included the torque boxes on both sides of the Mustang frame for added strength. Also, '68's had the improved seats over the '67's, and the quarter trim is more streamlined compared to the '67 'vents' (IMO). In '68 the 302 4V engine came out (and 428's as well) for improved performance. After 1968 the models looked bloated, and were heavier. 1967 & 1968 models are a true Mustang, with the 1968 having the advantage of frame, interior, and engine improvements.

Neil