• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Red X-Code in the San Diego Area

Mosesatm

Check out the Marti - this thing is loaded. It was a dealer's demonstrator.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/5672451361.html

Originally Raven Black with a red deluxe bench seat interior, and wire wheel covers. That would make for a very unique looking car.

Is "Red Knitted Décor Bench Seat" the same material as "Dark Red Comfortweave Bench Seat", just a different shade of red? The Red Knitted is coded as 9D and the Dark Red Comfortweave is 9B.

Attachments

• 00e0e_aM6IljySXOW_1200x900.jpg
    00e0e_aM6IljySXOW_1200x900.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 00q0q_1WDHsqibaa7_1200x900.jpg
    00q0q_1WDHsqibaa7_1200x900.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

franklinair

Hmm. 390 replaced with a 5.0, A/C is missing. Would require a close inspection to make sure the new Red paint job is not covering up any sins. Also check the shock towers for cracks. The torque of a 390 made them susceptible to cracking.
Visual appearance of the car looks great.

Neil

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Those rear springs sure are stretched about as far as they'll go!

CougarCJ

Originally Raven Black with a red deluxe bench seat interior, and wire wheel covers. That would make for a very unique looking car.

Is "Red Knitted Décor Bench Seat" the same material as "Dark Red Comfortweave Bench Seat", just a different shade of red? The Red Knitted is coded as 9D and the Dark Red Comfortweave is 9B.

Comfort weave and knitted seat upholstery, were interchanged over the years. 9B would be 'Blue'. :wink:

Black with Red deluxe bench seat would be very cool. I would do red stripes, if it were mine.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks Scott, that makes a lot more sense. My code table has a few errors that are now corrected.

It looks like the only Comfortweave/Knitted options were Black, Blue, Red, Parchment. Those colors were also the only options for the bench seat. And all bench seats were Comfortweave?

2A-6A* Black Vinyl Buckets
2B-6B* Blue Vinyl Buckets
2D-6D* Red Vinyl Buckets
2F-6F* Saddle Vinyl Buckets
2G-6G* Ivy Gold Vinyl Buckets
2K-6K* Aqua Vinyl Buckets
2V-6V* Parchment Vinyl Buckets
2Y-6Y* Nugget Gold Vinyl Buckets
7A-5A* Black Comfortweave Buckets
7B-5B* Blue Comfortweave Buckets
7D-5D* Red Comfortweave Buckets
8A-9A* Black Comfortweave Bench
8B-9B* Blue Comfortweave Bench
8D-9D* Red Comfortweave Bench
8V-9V* Parchment Comfortweave Bench
50 Parchment Comfortweave Buckets (I think this is supposed to be 7U-5U instead of 50)
*Used with decor group

Last edited:

CougarCJ

Thanks Scott, that makes a lot more sense. My code table has a few errors that are now corrected.

It looks like the only Comfortweave/Knitted options were Black, Blue, Red, Parchment. Those colors were also the only options for the bench seat. And all bench seats were Comfortweave?

2A-6A* Black Vinyl Buckets
2B-6B* Blue Vinyl Buckets
2D-6D* Red Vinyl Buckets
2F-6F* Saddle Vinyl Buckets
2G-6G* Ivy Gold Vinyl Buckets
2K-6K* Aqua Vinyl Buckets
2U-6U* Parchment Vinyl Buckets
2Y-6Y* Nugget Gold Vinyl Buckets
7A-5A* Black Comfortweave Buckets
7B-5B* Blue Comfortweave Buckets
7D-5D* Red Comfortweave Buckets
8A-9A* Black Comfortweave Bench
8B-9B* Blue Comfortweave Bench
8D-9D* Red Comfortweave Bench
8U-9U* Parchment Comfortweave Bench
50 Parchment Comfortweave Buckets (I think this is supposed to be 7U-5U instead of 50)
*Used with decor group

I checked my Mustang by the Numbers book, by Kevin Marti. Yes, all 1968 bench seats are comfortweave. Made a correction above, "U" not "V" for Parchment.