• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 3 speed CS

Does anyone know about a 3 speed 1968 CS?

The guy told me it's only one of 40 ever built. Is this true??? Either way I like the car and I'm going to buy it. I still would like to know more about it

-=MUSTANG=-

Ricardo,

The Marti report will tell you exactly how many cars like yours were actually built. I do believe the paper transmission came standard with the 6 cyl. I'm assuming this is the manual 3 speed you are talking about, if it is a 3 speed auto you will find there are quite a few more than 40. Post some pics of your new baby, we'd love to see it.

Jay

bish

That seems a little low to me, but it could be accurate.
That would be less than 1%.
I think that you would to purchase the deluxe report to find that out.
Anyone in the forum have a 3-speed with a report to back this up?
Ask the seller to prove it to you!
Congrats!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that number is too low. :-\

Pauls 1996 Registry has 51 with 3 speeds and that's only taking into account the 776 cars in the Registry at that time. If that's an accurate percentage then there were more like 270 3 speeds built.

Now maybe the owner is saying there were only 40 built with a 3 speed AND that particular engine (whatever that engine is)

Gandystang

I have ( 2 ) GT/CS cars one is a 3 speed 6 cylinder and the other is a C-4 Auto 6 cylinder. For 6 cylinders there was approx's ( 60 ) C-4's and ( 70 ) 3 speeds transmission types for 6 cylinder GT/CS.