• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 Lime Gold R-Code Coupe

green56

with all the work that has to be done i just think that is a little high in cost

JohnnyQuest515

This is the second or third go round for selling this one. Non original motor is why it doesn't do anything for me. But people are still paying large bills for a rare car these days.

Just noticed maybe more rust, pics are from last year!

Randy

68gt390

Myself, I would of gone a different route of starting the resto instead of putting in new glass and new vinyl top I'd start with the sheet metal stuff first. This car needs a lot of work (under carriage is a disaster). MY CS wasn't even this bad and it had the original motor in it for a lot less.

Don

CougarCJ

There are folks that restore T code coupes in worse condition.

Would it not cost the same price to restore this car, body work, paint with interior, as the above example?

The only difference would be the drivetrain and related parts.

Even a 1968.5 R code coupe has the potential to be worth $75-110k.

A 6 cylinder coupe would be hard pressed to net $20k.

If a person has the means and the time to see a restoration through to the end. Make it a good one.