• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Red GT/CS in San Diego

Mosesatm

Attachments

• cs_mustang_with_18s_010_1324348269.jpg
    cs_mustang_with_18s_010_1324348269.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 71
  • calspecialmustang001.jpg
    calspecialmustang001.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 1968_california_special_001.jpg
    1968_california_special_001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 1968_california_special_007.jpg
    1968_california_special_007.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

somethingspecial

HMMMMM............. W color code? if it is 152506. Meadow Lark Yellow. See, This is why I believe in a working, or updated Registry, We could have possibly contacted the Registered owner or past owner for more info. One note, I have seen many paint drips on the undercarriage, which is correct, but is it my imagination, or do those drips look a lot like POP RIVOTS?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Interesting observation. They do look like pop rivets!

Attachments

• 1968_california_special_021.jpg
    1968_california_special_021.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 70

somethingspecial

You can also see a witness line running straight down the rivot line on the inside. I think those floors might have been replaced. Not uncommon or a bad thing, just could have been a little cleaner IMHO.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here is the Marti. It is a true J-code GT/CS.

I'd love to have a red one but the color change from yellow and the funky riveted floor pans are too much for me.

ETA
The seller says they are not rivets, just 'factory markings'.

Attachments

• Marti for J152506.pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Gatorbait

I am restoring the exact color combination. The factory vinyl and stripes were still at least partially on the car before I stripped it. I was wondering why it would have a black roof and white stripes, and if that would look good. I now know, and itis going to have black stripes. I'm not a big fan of the white with black roof.

Last edited:

CougarCJ

To many modifications for me. I like old school analog gauges, don't care for the digital stuff.

Those Ididit tilt steering columns, were designed with General Motors splines. You have to use GM aftermarket steering wheels and adapters to the Ford steering boxes (as far as I know).

Last edited:

Toytalk

Black Plate?

Whats up with the seven character black plate?
Sorry but CA did not incorporate seven character plates until the early nineties.

somethingspecial

Whats up with the seven character black plate?
Sorry but CA did not incorporate seven character plates until the early nineties.

With the specialty plate manf. offering the Black and Yellow plates, folks are having them made with the current alfa-numeric assigned to the car. The problem is it is illegal in California to run those plates on the car. The car must have the original plates, manufactured by the State of California. I for one have looked the other way when I have seen it, but the CHP usually will not. Not worth the fine.