• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

San Diego GT/CS on eBay

rvrtrash

They're thinking make a killing and retire to the Bahama's.:grin:

Steve

68gt390

If he took "diligent" care in restoring that CS he better go back and take a look at that dash. That's terrible. Even the engine bay needs work. I can do much better than this car for the money they are asking.

Don :eek:

Redwingrobb

I'd better hurry and put mine up for sale then. First $40,000 takes it....

L8GR868

I like the wrench hanging from the grill. The onboard tool must account for about $20,000. It looks like the wrong hood pins.

Mustanglvr

The word California in the script is crooked or the piece is actually bent.
Never seen the "chrome" dash bezels painted like that before. Looks like moisture has built up behind the lenses.
Looks like it has a 1970 Mustang emblem on the front grill. Would like to see a Marti report for this.
The car sits pretty nice though. Love the color.

BroadwayBlue

RedGTvert said:
Could be worse, how about a Starsky & Hutch Merc for $820,000.00

It is 1 of 2 known to exist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-MERCURY-STARSKY-AND-HUTCH_W0QQitemZ260050936386QQihZ016QQcategory%20%20Z6341QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What are people thinking sometimes.

I don't know if I would buy it for $820! If I did I'd paint it :grin: I don't know - maybe it's just me but ... It just doesn't look right. Explaining my CS isn't a Shelby wannabe to people is one thing ... but this ... I don't know ...
The same seller has a nice 74 TransAm for around $28,000 on eBay. Maybe you can workout a deal for both :rolleyes:

luisa2552

Mustanglvr said:
The word California in the script is crooked or the piece is actually bent.
Never seen the "chrome" dash bezels painted like that before. Looks like moisture has built up behind the lenses.
Looks like it has a 1970 Mustang emblem on the front grill. Would like to see a Marti report for this.
The car sits pretty nice though. Love the color.

And lets not for get those black-rimmed tail light bezels...Something's fishy...

RedGTvert

BroadwayBlue said:
I don't know if I would buy it for $820! If I did I'd paint it :grin: I don't know - maybe it's just me but ... It just doesn't look right. Explaining my CS isn't a Shelby wannabe to people is one thing ... but this ... I don't know ...
The same seller has a nice 74 TransAm for around $28,000 on eBay. Maybe you can workout a deal for both :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, last I remember, the Starsky and Hutch car was a Ford, not a Merc. You just have to wonder what some people are thinking with this crap.

BTW, did you get in touch with Haggerty?

CALIF GIRL

RedGTvert said:
Funny thing is, last I remember, the Starsky and Hutch car was a Ford, not a Merc. You just have to wonder what some people are thinking with this crap.

Yep, it was a Ford Torino

BroadwayBlue

RedGTvert said:
...BTW, did you get in touch with Haggerty?

Hey Rich!
Yes I did get in touch with them. I dropped them an email over the weekend. I didn't realize they were open Sat and Sun.
Initial reply looks good, it seems they will cover my 96. They said NY state is one of the places they are allowed to write those type of policies. My usage seems to meet their requirements. They just need to check on driving record and other items but since I already have my 68 with them should be OK.

They want some pictures I can't get them right now though (engine and trunk) since the car is in dead storage until the end of March. So I will probably take care of it in the Spring. My regular policy is up about the same time.

Thanks for the help on that.

Rich