• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2100 Carb Rebuild

Mosesatm

Rebuilding the 2V carb on my blue car is next on my list and I'm thinking of using this article as a guide. Any warnings, tips, or advice from the good people on this site before I get started?

Ruppstang

The article looks very comprehensive. I send my carbs to Jon at Pony Carburetors. He is not cheep but everything is replated or replaced. Then ran on a test engine so when you get it there is not much to do but bolt it up. He also sends a vidio with a lot of instructions as many times there are other problems than just the carb. Good luck
Marty

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks for the Pony Carb suggestion but if I were to have someone rebuild it for me I think I'd box it up and send it to Rob. After I'm done with it he may end up with it on his doorstep, anyway!:wink:

Ruppstang

Sounds like a learning experience. Let us know you do. May be I'll give it a try some time. Have Fun Marty

robert campbell

Arlie,
How does free plus parts sound!!! I am not in the plating business for total restoration, but I will make it purr like a kitten. Steve (mechanicalguy) has a couple tips for them that he taught me.

Box that baby up and send it my way! We could experiment with some of Eastwoods car dyes or colors for that brand new look?

Robert Campbell
3235 N. E. Fischer Court
Bremerton WA 93310

Still waiting for Mike's (somethingspecial) Holley! He must have sent it pony express!! Pony Express.... That is funny!

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Arlie,
How does free plus parts sound!!! I am not in the plating business for total restoration, but I will make it purr like a kitten. Steve (mechanicalguy) has a couple tips for them that he taught me.

Box that baby up and send it my way! We could experiment with some of Eastwoods car dyes or colors for that brand new look?

Robert Campbell
3235 N. E. Fischer Court
Bremerton WA 93310

Still waiting for Mike's (somethingspecial) Holley! He must have sent it pony express!! Pony Express.... That is funny!

Rob

Rob, I may do that. I'll gladly pay to let you use it as a test carb for whatever potions and elixirs you want to soak it in. I'll even pay for some of that brown stuff you call beer!:tongue:

franklinair

I think you can buy Alodine. I used it to freshen aluminum generator housings. Clean & dry the surface, apply with a brush, and it 'stains' the metal to a goldish hue. Might be worth a try.

Neil

robert campbell

Cool!!! Thanks for the tip! Are 68 2V carbs supposed to be gold in color? I think the 4V one is? Rob is not a real puriest guy!!

Rob

green56

Carb

Can any one tell me what kit i need for my carb it is a autolite C8ZFG i can not find a rebuilding kit thanks

green56

2100 carb rebult

Bob if i send you a carb would you rebuild it for a price thanks Tom