• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD Red '68 HCS Sold at Mecum Auctions

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That’s the total price to the buyer, the seller got a lot less.
The sale price was most likely $29,000, with the seller receiving $26,100.

Update
This is the car Ricky inspected in Decatur. It was for sale on eBay for $27,500 but didn’t sell. The seller eventually got $28,000 for it.

Last edited:

Ricky Knapik

You are correct Artie. Chris is the guy here that built that car. He texted me last night that it sold for $32k. If your estimate is correct, the seller took a $2k loss?

Ricky Knapik

BTW, Chris is now building a 68 GT/CS. I was at his shop yesterday. It's coming along nicely and it will likely be for sale as well. It's Brittany Blue, J code, Auto, AC, PS, both consoles. It's looking really nice! It will certainly be better the HCS!

Ricky Knapik

Yes. I actually sent you the vin on a post in FB a few weeks back. 8R01J169383 He bought it from some guy named Crow. Crow was supposed to be a gold card MCA judge. He passed away and family sold a few different Mustangs is what I hear. You know anything about that?