• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Which to choose: 1968 GT/CS or HCS?

classicsguy

If you had the opportunity to choose between a 1968 GT/CS and an HCS assuming both had same drivetrains and condition of cars are the same ,which one will you choose and why?

Will you go for the less produced and rare HCS or the more popular and more numerous GT/CS?

GTCSMustang

Rare HCS is my choice (assuming everthing is equal...including paint color). But a better choice is to buy both!

Scott

nfrntau

If you had the opportunity to choose between a 1968 GT/CS and an HCS assuming both had same drivetrains and condition of cars are the same ,which one will you choose and why?

Will you go for the less produced and rare HCS or the more popular and more numerous GT/CS?

One item comes immediately to mind.
Which scoop sticker do you like better, the GT/CS or the HCS?

di81977

One item comes immediately to mind.
Which scoop sticker do you like better, the GT/CS or the HCS?

That is a good determining item. No only which do you like better, which looks better with the color of the car.

While HCS are rarer, the GT/CS seems to be valued higher (per NADA).

Personally, I like the uniqueness of the HCS and telling people they only made 251 of them.

david

6t8-390gt

Only in a perfect world would you find a CS and HCS that were in identical condition and options. That being said I would find the nicest one YOU can afford.

Danny

mmarsalone

The only reason I would choose the CS over the HCS is because of the CS script on the rear quarter, assuming both cars were equal.

rvrtrash

The only reason I would choose the CS over the HCS is because of the CS script on the rear quarter, assuming both cars were equal.

I second that. Maybe someone from Canada (eh) could come up with a High Country Special script, and then it would be an even bet. :cool:

Steve

Mosesatm

I second that. Maybe someone from Canada (eh) could come up with a High Country Special script, and then it would be an even bet. :cool:

Steve

California Special
Colorado Special

Should fit.

hicountrybob

That is a good determining item. No only which do you like better, which looks better with the color of the car.

While HCS are rarer, the GT/CS seems to be valued higher (per NADA).

Personally, I like the uniqueness of the HCS and telling people they only made 251 of them.

david

PLUS, who can really place TRUE values on HCS in the NADA 'cus there is a REAL lack of movement on them ie. one a year/half ago, Scott Fuller's 428 purchase and earlier this month, Tim's purchase of his HC. out of southern Colorado. Bob here.

Midnight Special

PLUS, who can really place TRUE values on HCS in the NADA 'cus there is a REAL lack of movement on them ie. one a year/half ago, Scott Fuller's 428 purchase and earlier this month, Tim's purchase of his HC. out of southern Colorado. Bob here.

Bob, I received a very nice package from Pete containing the title, keys, original HCS ads and lots of other cool stuff! The car is still about a week or two out for arrival, but when she arrives - you'll be the first to know!

I feel very privileged and honored!...

cnassif

Decisions, Decisions?

I would suggest that you buy the HCS. Two reasons will suffice:
1. They are much rarer.
2. You almost never see one for sale.

I have found no less than 20 California Specials for sale in the last two weeks but have hardly ever seen a HCS for sale. I'm from San Diego and love California, but you can't argue with rarity in this business.

By the way, what's the reason for buying them. Do you want to keep or sell them? Personally, if I could squeeze out the money, I'd probably buy both! :eek:

Actually, I'm probably going to do just that :)icon_pani) and take my own advice. Will keep you posted on my progress.

pippin

Tangent, but there is a SKI SPECIAL for sale in Sacramento area

I know its not an on topic response, but i did not know there was a "winter package" Ski Special addition...

They guy is asking $25,000 for it, it was on CL in the Sacramento area. There is a cool badge on the trunk with skis and snow flakes and stuff...

hookedtrout

I know its not an on topic response, but i did not know there was a "winter package" Ski Special addition...

They guy is asking $25,000 for it, it was on CL in the Sacramento area. There is a cool badge on the trunk with skis and snow flakes and stuff...

I think in some cases things get so rare no one really even knows they exist and they have no following therefore they have less value, to me. Another thing to consider is what made it different. Early HCS's amounted to a lot less difference from a base Mustang than the 68 models similar to the GTCS. Having a badge on the back with ski's on it and calling it rare has no value to me, I'd probably only be willing to pay for the "Ski Special Addition" what ever I felt the value of the little badge was or what I could sell the badge for seperate from the car. Not that I would sell it but that is what it would mean to me in value as that sounds like the only difference on the car.

Cory

J.Bart

i think a person has to go with what trips your trigger, you don't want to buy one, and really want the other. sometimes thats hard to figure out,but you can always sell what you bought and go after the other one. after all is said and done your the one that is going to be driving it. but it is always good to ask different opinions. i find it gives different perspectives and helps with decisions