• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black CS Project

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I registered my CS and made hotel reservations for the MCA Grand National show in Melbourne, FL on Labor Day weekend, Sept 4,5,6.

Neil

Attachments

• BIRTHDAY.jpg
    BIRTHDAY.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 62

CougarCJ

That is terrific. I am so glad that you will have the opportunity to debut that awesome looking car, at the end of the this summer. I am actually kind of jealous. Wish that I could be there. I will be in spirit.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Well that's easy enough. You & Val just fly from Seattle to Daytona Beach and drive down to Melbourne.:smile:

Neil

mbsf1970

That's beautiful Neil!!! wonderful work! Gold interior would never be my first choice but it plays very well on the black exterior with gold stripe. Shelby rims looking sharp as always! Love that it has headrests! but most of all, I love those recessed reflectors!!! wish Doug had had those!!

Stephen

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Stephen;
Thanks for the kind words.
I'm now in the process of replacing the P/S pump. Never had one of those fail before.
I actually prefer the Cougar type reflectors on the rear quarters, but the recessed ones are OK.
I'll soon be posting photos of the FINISHED car, and then start prepping it for the MCA show this summer.

Neil

Attachments

• BlackCS7.jpg
    BlackCS7.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 39

Ruppstang

Just got word today that the MCA grand national in Melbourne FL. has been canceled do to the Covid 19. Bummer. I guess there will be another day for our cars.

Marty

1968Cally

Just got word today that the MCA grand national in Melbourne FL. has been canceled do to the Covid 19. Bummer. I guess there will be another day for our cars.

Marty
That stinks. Feel sorry for you, Neil.

CaliStang68

Neil,
Where did you buy all the nuts and bolts for your engine compartment including the fender
bolts and hood latch to make it look all new?
Rick

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Rick;

5/16 Cadmium plated. NPD, P/N 378178-SD $1.00ea+/- Made by AMK.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

To be concourse correct the trunk lid bolts are body color, but I use the cad plated bolts same as fender bolts.

Neil