• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Replacement Seat Belts

Mosesatm

Does anyone have a good source for seat belts? My aqua belts are more of a brown now.

sam

The best source I found is a company called "Snake Oil" I believe out of Texas. What their business is authentic seat belt replacement for Ford and Corvettes.

You'll send your old Mustang original belts to them, and they'll either refurb them or send you a new set that look exactly like the originals. I did mine 6 years ago and they looked and still do like new.

Good luck............if you can't find them, I'm sure I have the original receipt I'll dig up.

Sams68

case12

Arlie, I have parchment interior (basically light tan seat belts). When I got the box of parts with the car, the rear belts were in the box and were almost black from dirt, grease. I took some "Greased Lightning" cleaner I bought at Sams Club and scrubed the belts with a strong scrub brush (being careful around the FOMOCO tag), dipped them in water, scrubbed some more, and then hung them up to dry. It really worked, and they look almost new. NOT concourse, but local show quality. .....worked for me.....Casey

Vee

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1844;start=0#msg12053 date=1119918268]
Does anyone have a good source for seat belts? My aqua belts are more of a brown now.
[/quote]

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1844;start=0#msg12083 date=1119971332]
Arlie, I have parchment interior (basically light tan seat belts). When I got the box of parts with the car, the rear belts were in the box and were almost black from dirt, grease. I took some "Greased Lightning" cleaner I bought at Sams Club and scrubed the belts with a strong scrub brush (being careful around the FOMOCO tag), dipped them in water, scrubbed some more, and then hung them up to dry. It really worked, and they look almost new. NOT concourse, but local show quality. .....worked for me.....Casey
[/quote]

I scrubbed one last night as a test. I think they have faded over the years so they are no longer aqua. I might be able to dye them or paint them if all else fails.

I'll also see what the 2 restoration companies charge. I also found a company that offers non-retractable push button belts for around $20 each.