• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 2 steps forward...1 step back.

Edward Bodoh

2 days of work on the car...got the Grab-A-Trak 1" lowering springs with perches installed. Along with new front / rear bumpers. The survivors were too far gone. Also restored to original my side scoops. The previous owner painted over the mesh with body color paint. UGHHH that killed me to see green mesh. A BIG thanks to Something Special for the tips on removing the screens and pop rivets...check the pics they look great...to me anyways. No more reverse rake either....or whatever it's called. Nice and level. Local boy does good !

Attachments

• 20130316_173914.jpg
    20130316_173914.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20130316_173924.jpg
    20130316_173924.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20130318_185117.jpg
    20130318_185117.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 53

somethingspecial

Fantastic

Ed, Those look great. Glad you made some progress. Screens look great, and I can't wait to see the new fog lights installed. Feel free to ask for any assistance or info. Would love to see a broadside shot of the car with the new frontend lowered look when you get a chance. Mike

OP
OP
E

Edward Bodoh

Forgot to mention my 1 step back. It doesn't start now lol. Yea I used roller spring perches. Thanks Mike...gonna give u a call later for some input on my cars lack of starting. Will post a lowered stance pic when I can move it.

AADaddy

Looks great! I'm just finishing up putting a global west coil over kit in my car. Need to post pictures. Those fronts springs are a real jem to remove! Anybody know where you can get replacement mesh for the side scoops?

Forsche

2 days of work on the car...got the Grab-A-Trak 1" lowering springs with perches installed. Along with new front / rear bumpers. The survivors were too far gone. Also restored to original my side scoops. The previous owner painted over the mesh with body color paint. UGHHH that killed me to see green mesh. A BIG thanks to Something Special for the tips on removing the screens and pop rivets...check the pics they look great...to me anyways. No more reverse rake either....or whatever it's called. Nice and level. Local boy does good !

Edward....looks nice! Can I ask how you did the attachment? I'm new to posting photos. Thanks.