• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Gold GT/CS in Wisconsin

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 00t0t_cKT6eMQoo8n_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_cKT6eMQoo8n_600x450.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 61

Don

Wish it were closer

This one definitely looks like a winner :smile: ! Weird tho' that there is no photo of the front of the car :confused:

I just got off the phone with the owner. He has owned it for a bit over a year (bought it from a mechanic in Nevada who did a engine rebuild 6K miles ago and sorted a few small things in the interior).
This car has the flush quarter lights and it has a GT gas cap (owner claims it is a GT). Unfortunately no Marti but he claims to have all original paperwork. Factory air is nice and he has the original battery that he uses for, I guess, show. First time I ever heard anyone use "I have original battery" as a selling point.

Anyway if it is truly an early J code GT, and is clean underneath, it is awesome!

Last edited:

teamlo

Great looking car. Especially if it's a factory GT. Love the black deluxe interior with the sunlit gold paint, really sharp!

Terry

Ruppstang

This one definitely looks like a winner :smile: ! Weird tho' that there is no photo of the front of the car :confused:

I just got off the phone with the owner. He has owned it for a bit over a year (bought it from a mechanic in Nevada who did a engine rebuild 6K miles ago and sorted a few small things in the interior).
This car has the flush quarter lights and it has a GT gas cap (owner claims it is a GT). Unfortunately no Marti but he claims to have all original paperwork. Factory air is nice and he has the original battery that he uses for, I guess, show. First time I ever heard anyone use "I have original battery" as a selling point.

Anyway if it is truly an early J code GT, and is clean underneath, it is awesome!

A dead original battery will sell for as much as 4K to guys building Thourobred cars. I have only seen a handful of them.
Marty

Don

Owner does have a Marti. Unfortunately not a GT (also I was mistaken it does not have a GT cap) but still a very nice car. It is a factory Sunlit Gold w black stripes (no color change). Wow 4K for a battery. Nice straight front end w Marchal lights to boot. The only thing stopping me from making an offer on it today is Sparta is remote and far away from me.

Last edited:

franklinair

If the car checks out OK, I wouldn't let distance affect purchasing. Just figure shipping cost as part of the purchase price. Negotiate.
My last CS came to me in NC from the Seattle area (about $1200 shipping)

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 32

Don

Don

If the car checks out OK, I wouldn't let distance affect purchasing. Just figure shipping cost as part of the purchase price. Negotiate.
My last CS came to me in NC from the Seattle area (about $1200 shipping)

Neil

I agree but would probably want to spend more and go for enclosed transport.