• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Aqua J-Code

Mosesatm

Here's a J-code, 4-speed car on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ford-Mustang-GT-CS-/272594293269

Below is the owner's response when I let him know that according to the Marti report his car is an HCS and is not a GT.

Thanks for your interest. Yes, I have known about this paperwork discrepancy for years but I take exception to the report in that when I found the car owned by a junior Army Officer it was not running and massively rusting away gracefully in original condition in the Hawaiian salty air ie with all the proper GT and California Special badges in place, etc. Nothing had been changed from 'as built' original. For example, there was no console (and never was) in this car as shown in the report, I would have liked that and would have added one if I intended on keeping it. It may or may not have been sold in Colorado but it was never set up as a High Country Special (drill holes for badges etc) nor were any badges changed or added by me other than to replace those that were deteriorated beyond repair. Most are original; the GT gas cap and hub caps are original to the car. She is what she is and I love her for that reason. Hate to see her go but I'm living in Mexico now.

Attachments

• 8R01J167131.pdf
    161.9 KB · Views: 75

franklinair

His statement says he's owned the car for 27 years (1990). I believe the car may well have had some changes during the 22 years prior to his purchase (removal of console, HCS emblems), and obviously NO GT option (in spite of the GT emblems).
But if he's happy & content with his belief, that's what is important to him. Oh, well.

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That's the conclusion I also came to. I started writing a note back to him then deleted it.

Those GT emblems are a dead giveaway that someone did something a little goofy in the past.

Ruppstang

It is not listed in the current HCS registry. I will add it and note the discrepancy.
Thanks Marty

68 special

Hey, at least the tail light bezels aren't painted black, LOL

But the tail light panel is a little off center or it's the angle of the picture.

Bret

robert campbell

It certainly is an HCS none the less. The mods more than likely came early in its life to doll it up a bit. Someone must have liked the look of the GT/CS script and added it during a paint job.

Looks like a nice car from the pics!

Rob