• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cs for sale on e-bay prt#2

carvensno

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2462209710&category=6236, i had posted this on before and i send the guy this email

dear owner, do you have any of the oringinal equipment left that is suppose to be on the car? i.e. foglamps, hood pins, taillight bezels, front seats, the side scoops, what about the stripping that is suppose to be on there? just curious why you are asking 20k for the car, when a concours correct GT/CS might only go for $15-17k. looking forward to your return email. thank you :)

This is what he send back as a reply:

I do have the original side scoops and that is all. This Car is a Hot August Nights Car and isn't obviously what You are Seekig as to restore it to absolue original condition.would Be tough and exspensive if even possible. there are Many extras that supersede OEM specs. It did not come with the 351 windsor engine ( You did not mention that). Did not Come with Corvette Flared Fenders Either. Good LUCK though if You are actually looking for a totally original GT/CS as they were only made one Year. The Car is Worth Way More than My asking Price! According to Your E-mail it isn't what You are Looking For so I Bid You Good Luck on Your Endeavors to Find the Immpossible! I Will not sell it For Less than 20K. Sorry....

Ovisiously this guy didnt do his homework when trying to sale this car, and hasnt bothered to search e-bay to see what the going price is and to see actrully how many CS's are on e-bay for sale and in better condtion. ;D

Kahuna

I would not consider this a CS at all......It's is a nice Mustang and if I were looking for one I might consider it. But too much is missing to bring back to a CS, it would cost way more that it would be worth. Even If he came down on the price.

Another example of "I put $18.000 in to so it must be worth that plus all the time I put in to it" If that were true my Mustang would be worth $45,000. Any Takers?

hookedtrout

Beautiful car in its own way and it looks like there was a lot of time and money put into it and it is possible he will find the right person to buy it for what he wants. I'd agree with him and I think his reply was very dignified in that it isn't what those of us into the true GT/CS's would be looking for. As for good luck with the impossible? I don't see finding a correct and true GT/CS as anywhere near impossible. I also can't blame him for not selling for less than what he thinks it's worth. As long as he isn't pressured to sell.

I know I like being in a situation where I can list something for exactly what I want and stand firm on my price and still be happy even if it doesn't sell. I hate it when I need the money and have to move things fast. Sold my 55 F150 with a 5" chopped top and hydraulic tilt front end all labors of my time and energy to buy a house and I have regretted it ever since. Love the house wish I'd have found a different method to get some money and I could have if I'd have tried a bit harder.

I'm not one of those that would be looking for that kind of car so I can't venture what I would offer him.

Hook

68gt390

Don't know if you've checked lately but, high retail for a 68 GT/CS, 390 "S" code, 4 speed according to NADA is $28,700. If car is rated average it list for $16,500. That's not hay these day's. By the way I paid $16,500 for mine on the 6th of Feb 04. I would consider it to be between average and high retail based on body work, suspension work, paint and other work done by previous owner. This particular car would not be considered a GT/CS but, more of a resto mod in my opinion. But, then again you know what they say about opinions. I restored my 68 GT 390 "S" code coupe with C-6 back in 02 and by the time I was done with what I paid for the car and upgrades was in at $22,000. Car appraised for $25,900. I feel the GT/CS is much more special than a GT Coupe. I have both car's because that's what I wanted.