• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 california special wanted

tadkins

Hi,
Are there any California Specials for sale in the California area? I'm looking for a 68 Cal Special to purchase. I've been searching for about 2 1/2 months but keep coming up short......

Midnight Special

...I know of two that I have called on recently. One is in Lake county and claims to be all original except for addition of a 351C vs. 289. Another in Redding, CA, but is as much a "restomod" w/ aftermarket wheels & accessories... I guess it would depend on how "purist" you want to be...

I called on the Lake county one b/c I thought it might be a big block car as advertised w/ a C6 tranny, but turns out it was a C-code...

The contact info for these are at my office, so I will PM to you tomorrow if you're interested. They're both discussed further down in "Classifieds" as well.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5493

The Lake County guy also has a trailered, concours Boss 429 for sale!

NWGearhead

The restomod is in Redding and is currently on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As of this moment the bidding is at 14,100 and the buy it now is at 25,995.

There is also a black plate GT/CS that is in Texas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is at 14,600 with a buy it now of 17,500. There was speculation earlier that this may be for sale by a person of less than stellar reputation, so do your homework prior to bidding.

I would also suggest that you keep an eye on the classified section of this forum. The people here are extremely knowledgable about these cars, and if anyone posts a bogus GT/CS here it will be quickly uncovered.

I wouldn't look only in California. If the right one comes along, shipping is a small price to pay for happiness.

Take your time and find one that pushes your buttons. As rare as the GT/CS is, there seems to be a decent supply on the market.

Midnight Special

...Keep an eye on craigslist.com as well. GT/CSs often show up there instead of or before other venues. Plus, you can specify your area of search ie: San Francisco Bay Area...

I agree with NWG tho... Don't miss out on a great one b/c of distance. Shipping is alot less expensive than it used to be due to abundance of truckers orbiting the U.S. regularly to ship ebay cars.

By the way; What in a CS are you looking for (options, engine/trans, color etc...)?

HappyHour

If you want info on the one in Texas PM me offline.

The guy selling it is autoseller and I think the actual owner is a guy named Ray and I have his number. He also did mention the light post was not correct per someone's mention on this forum.

Its pretty nice but the whole wire\transfer within eBay timelines I have to admit kept me wondering if a flight out to Dallas was worth the bid. They keep relisting it and resetting the Reserve BIN price.

Robert

obwan93001

I found my '68 GT/CS this past summer thru a listing on Craig's List here in So Cal. The seller didn't know anything about them and was supposedly selling it for his son who made an impulse buy from someone he knew that had it and seeing the son had a 1 yr old baby and was still a part time student he couldn't afford to restore it so dad said it had to go. It is a plain C code GT/CS that runs very well and is pretty much in original shape with the exception of aftermarket wheels, radio, antenna and steering wheel and still has the original paint although very worn and peeled all over most of the car. They were asking $10k but we came to agree on $7500 cash plus a new Dell laptop that I had bought 10 months earlier but never used and it had already been written off so didn't bother me giving it away like that. Keep your eyes open and keep searching ebay and CL as well as the classifieds and forum here and on VMF, you'll find one, just take your time, took me about 2 months.

Best of luck and let us know how your search progresses.

Happy Holidays all!

RPMRon

I have a 68 C/Spec. for sale in So. Cal

Hi, I just posted an ad in the classified section of a Cal. Spec. that I am selling right now....I have many pics if you are interested. thanks, Ron Miller 714-757-8437