• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Just to Mess with Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

You bet, 248 Fireball with all of 122 horsepower from the factory. This thing was probably way under 100. I did a lot of double-clutching.

You won't believe where GM placed the starter switch, it was brilliant!! It's under the gas pedal.
It would freak people out the same way as Mustang washer pumps, and it's the same concept. Hands free starting.

Last edited:

franklinair

Don't remember the make or model, but it had an 'ear' on the side of the clutch pedal that engaged a starter switch similar to a headlight dimmer switch.

Neil

robert campbell

My first vehicle was a 1952 Cheby 1/2 ton 5 window. 216 cu. six shooter, 3 on the tree, with about a top speed of 40 miles an hour. After that it started "shimmying" so bad I thought it would jump in the ditch. Years and years later I told my Dad that I should whack him around for letting me drive such a piece of doo doo. Told him if had driven it one time he would have helped me fix the steering! More than likely totally worn out king pins.

It had a manual foot button just to the right of the throttle pedal for the starter.

Rob