• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Passing of Member

6t8-390gt

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of Tom Elledge (HCSSTANG). Tom loved his HCS and was always found with a huge smile on his face. He enjoyed this community and attending car shows such as CARLISLE, AACA, and MCA.

He will be missed by many. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

His on line obituary can be viewed at the link below:

https://www.monahanfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Howard-T-Elledge-Jr?obId=5606509#/obituaryInfo

Danny

Last edited:

franklinair

I had many great phone conversations with Tom over the years, and he and his wife Mary visited us in North Carolina a few years ago. A great guy & family man (and fortunate enough own a creampuff HCS).

Neil

Ruppstang

Tom was a great friend and fellow HCS owner. He made many of us a beautiful wooden clocks. You will be missed.

franklinair

Tom's custom clock;
Its about 14" long, handmade.
Mine is on the bookshelf in our family room

Neil

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 69

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Tom's custom clock;
Its about 14" long, handmade.
Mine is on the bookshelf in our family room

Neil
I have one from him too.I'm so sorry to hear this. He was a great, thoughtful and generous man. He'll be sorely missed here.

My thoughts are with his family.

Russ

I first met Tom at the Virginia Beach MCA National Show, and what a wonderful person he was. We talked about our special cars and had dinner on Friday night during the show. He presented me with one of his beautiful watches following the show and I proudly display the watch on a bookcase in our great room. My condolences to his family. I will miss Tom.
Russ Furstnow

wallace

I hope his son Keith continues on in Tom's footsteps with the HCS.

Mustanglvr

Tom was a great guy, and one of the original members of this site. He was always wonderful to converse with about our stangs and very helpful and welcoming. He was CS/HCS family.
RIP HCSSTANG :(

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

I can't believe I missed this post back in 2019. :sad:

I met up with Tom at Carlisle a few times and spent time with him there talking and also kept in touch over email.

I grew concerned that something was wrong when I stopped receiving email replies from him awhile back and him telling me his health wasn't well. I emailed a few times but never got a reply but wasn't sure how else to contact him. I should have reached out to this group sooner.

Yesterday I was walking through Barnes and Noble by the magazine rack and staring at me was the June 2022 issue of Collectible Automobile with Tom's car on the cover. I knew it was his car as soon as I saw it. It wasn't even in the car section. It was randomly placed and maybe that's why it called out to me.

I would like to send my condolences to Keith and his family if anyone has contact info please PM me.

IMG_4566.jpg

1968Cally

If you contact the funeral home in the link in the original post, they can probably provide that.