• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 390S Code w/4-speed..how many made??

Fustang1

I was working on the east coast and found out about a potential GT/CS for sale. It is an S code with a 4 speed. I know they only made about 4100 of these, but I am curious if anyone knows how many of them were s code with the 4speed? Wondering what it might be worth. Don't have a price from the seller yet, but it is a decent driver with no rust (no pictures yet :( ). Thoughts?

somethingspecial

There were 111 S code 390GT/4 speed GT/CS cars made. Before you purchase the one you speak of, I recommend you get a Marti Report for the car to confirm the car is a true GT/CS and a true 4 speed. Price can be all over the map depending on condition, #s matching etc. You will need the full VIN from the car to order a Marti Report. Check to see if the Seller has a Marti Report first. If not, let me know what the VIN is, maybe I already have the info and/or a Marti Report for the car. If you would, Please contact me at the email below. I would like to get the Full VIN and a copy of the Marti Report for the Registry if you pursue this. Currently there are 36 390/4 speed GT/CSs in the Registry. Hope this helps. Mike

ps. There were also 104 390GT/Automatic GT/CSs made.

OP
OP
F

Fustang1

Thanks, I am working on the VIN right now and will for sure get a marti report if they do not already have one. Whatever info I get, I will pass along so you can keep track of this car. Thanks

somethingspecial

Fustang 1, Thank you for the Marti Report. This car was unknown to the Registry and thanks to you, it now is #37 S code/4speed GT/CS registered. Another one of the few. Thanks again and sorry you did not win the bid, Stick around here and keep watching the adds, You may find the car you are looking for. Mike

dalorzo_f

Just a semi-related factoid... for '68 there were 1194 4 speed S code coupes. 863 were GT's (72%). 111 GTCS, thats about 10% of the total...

dalorzo_f

There were 336 S code convertibles with the C6. 1343 hardtops. And 3708 fastbacks.

Numbers courtesy Kevin Marti and Marti By The Numbers.

But I do not know how many were GT's. I have only the stats noted as I bought a statistical report as I own a 68 S code GT coupe...

GT/CS S Code

This car was unknown to the Registry and thanks to you, it now is #37 S code/4speed GT/CS registered. Another one of the few. Mike

And one of the other 36 is parked in our garage! :grin:

(... well ... except on Show & Shine days ...)

Attachments

• Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 002 (Large).jpg
    Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 002 (Large).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 206 (Large).jpg
    Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 206 (Large).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 209 (Large).jpg
    Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 209 (Large).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 214 (Large).jpg
    Langford Fountain Cruise August 2012 214 (Large).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 29

boris

man if the green one didn't have the shelby rims and v covers i would swear i found my car!!! that sure is nice . ever thought of selling it?