• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 All Seat Cushions Created Equal?

NosAvrenim

I'm planning to (finally) re-upholster the seats -- front and rear.

Doing some research, there are loads of great resources for the upholstering process (here and elsewhere). That said, I can't find any definitive opinions on which seat foam is best. Anyone have any suggestions from experience?

Also, what's the best place to find good padding for the rear bench? Seems there are lots of options for fastbacks, but not much for coupes.

Best,
Nate

Ruppstang

I would not use anything but original foam, even if you have to repair it. When we bought our 68 HCS it had the seats reupholstered with the cheep foam and it was as hard as a rock. I then purchased the best foam (NPD) and it is better but not a soft as the original. I have done many seats with the original foam and have been very happy with them. Rarely is there any thing wrong with the back seat padding. If you do need it NPD has it.

OP
OP
N

NosAvrenim

Thanks Marty!

I haven't removed the seats from the car just yet. I'll remove them one at a time to see their condition. Hopefully the cushions will be in good condition.

Best,
Nate