• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power steering leak

Edward Bodoh

Here's one for the resident gearheads here...aka Neil, Rob or others.

Reference attached picture...my leak is at the threads which my pencil eraser is pointing at. I've looked at my catalogues but can't tell if it's the supply or return. It is a pre bent stainless tube which runs next to my control valve and power steering ram. What is the technical name of the culprit so I can order the correct one. Sorry the pic might be upside down.

It has been a long time since I've posted here but I have been lurking for a while lol.
Thanks guys and for heavens sake stay safe and WASH YOUR HANDS LOL.

ED.

Attachments

• 20200415_215509.jpg
    20200415_215509.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 55

robert campbell

The smaller line is the high pressure hose. Yours looks like it has "had the business" by someone trying to tighten it with a sloppy wrench. Very easy to round.

Follow it up to the pump. My guess is that is the high pressure line out of the middle of the pump. The return line is basic rubber hose for tranny fluid in the pump. Not gas line. It attaches to a nipple on the bottom of the pump.

Rob