• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD NOS Marchal fogs 100% correct

MrMarchal

NOS Marchal fogs. 100% correct ORIGINALS. Made in France. Reproductions have wrong IODE glass design & different bulb. These originals have the correct serial numbers in the correct places: bottom right and up right side. NO IODE on glass, NO 656 in upper left. These are the only correct version for your Special. Also used on Ferrari 250 GTOs, most expensive car in the world. Your Special deserves the BEST. I have them on ebay with great photos for $750 but will sell on this site for $699 & no sales tax. I hate making ebay rich with their seller fees. Give me a call, Gavin at 831 five 9 four 99 eight zero. Or follow me on Instagram at MisterMarchal.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1ea4.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1ea4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 68
  • fullsizeoutput_1ea2.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1ea2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 68
  • fullsizeoutput_1e9c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1e9c.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 64
  • fullsizeoutput_1e9e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1e9e.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 27
  • fullsizeoutput_1ea1.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1ea1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 35
  • VuPxDCIcQVOzJN9rDEmMOQ.jpg
    VuPxDCIcQVOzJN9rDEmMOQ.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 31
  • fullsizeoutput_1e9d.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1e9d.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5539.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 34
  • T8jmxEAWQSu5tk2muXEGjg.jpg
    T8jmxEAWQSu5tk2muXEGjg.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

wallace

I am in the process of restoring my June 3, 1968 GTCS.

I know it came with Lucas lights but really think the Marchals look better, the way it was supposed to be!

Am I crazy to put Marchals on?

Thoughts?

Wally

franklinair

I bought Marchals from NPD. $300+/-. They're not NOS, but they look great, and the $450 in my pocket feels better.

Neil

Attachments

• BlackCS2.jpg
    BlackCS2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 57

1968Cally

These Marchal's advertised must be for a Shelby? The Marchal's on my car have the mounting studs coming off the rear of the lights that attach to the bracket on the grill.

OP
OP
M

MrMarchal

Wally, I agree that the Marchal lights look better than the Lucas. The way the Marchals 'float' in the grille is the true original design concept. The Lucas were a compromise re-design. However, if you are restoring your car to be correct to the original factory build, I'd stick with the Lucas FT8 fogs. But if you're building it to the way YOU want it to look, then build it the way you want to build it. I have a non-NOS (excellent used) correct Marchal set for $550 and a used Marchal set with later glass for $225.

OP
OP
M

MrMarchal

Your candy apple CS is gorgeous. Really interesting it always kept its original Marchal fog lights and never got the Lucas recall. Congratulations on a great restoration.

wallace

wiring difference

All,

If you put Marchal fog lights on your GTCS, will the original harness that came with my June 68 GTCS (after recall) still work or did Ford change the harness after the recall to accommodate the Lucas light change?

I know the 67 harness will work but is that technically correct?

Let me know and thanks, Wally

OP
OP
M

MrMarchal

Wally,
the GT harness has a hot and ground connector for the for the standard round Ford GT package grille lights. The Marchal light has only a hot wire with male bullet connector which plugs into the female connector on the GT harness. The harnesses' male connector for the ground wire goes unused, since the Marchal grounds through the mounting bolt to the grille. The Lucas lights have two male bullet connectors. One for the hot and one for ground. Ford used an additional female/female bullet adapter so that the male ground of the Lucas could plug into the male ground of the GT harness.