• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS on Ebay

p51

Here's a "No Reserve" GT/CS on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...tr=true&hash=item1c552f7a19&item=121688259097

It says it was originally a California car. There is a black plate on the car but it looks to be for a commercial vehicle (WTH???). It has a "Mart" report confirming that it is an actual GT/CS. Also has a 289 engine but claims it's an "R Code" (WTH^2???). My guess is that whoever wrote the description didn't know how to read a VIN# (8R01C156382)... yep there's an "R" in there alright :wink:

mbsf1970

think the seller was trying to say that car was from SanJose plant when stated "R" code?....

things I don't like about it:
air filter, gas pedal, steering wheel, silver lining underside of trunklid?...hiding/masking repair?, Horse emblem on front grill, radio.

I suspect seller hopes Foose rims draw a lot of attention...:smile:

Stephen

Tequila

I was going to post couple of pictures from this ad yesterday, specifically the last three pics of the underside and ask if anyone could tell from the pictures whether it looks like rust underneath the fresh coat of black paint? Or could it be just undercoating? The texture looks like undercoating but certain spots doesn't look like undercoating. Hmm..

OP
OP
p51

p51

think the seller was trying to say that car was from SanJose plant when stated "R" code?....

Yeah, in re-reading the ad that does look like what he was trying to do:
"R CODE SAN JOSE BUILT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL"
It's redundant and likely only accidentally misleading since he did also include the VIN. Still wonder about the black commercial plate. Either they just slapped any old black tag on the car to make it look cool or there is an interesting story there...

OP
OP
p51

p51

I was going to post couple of pictures from this ad yesterday, specifically the last three pics of the underside and ask if anyone could tell from the pictures whether it looks like rust underneath the fresh coat of black paint? Or could it be just undercoating? The texture looks like undercoating but certain spots doesn't look like undercoating. Hmm..

The last two pics look like a couple of minor(?) rust spots. The car is being sold by a dealer - I did a search in the ad for "rust" and the only hit I found was in the phrase "trust us..." :wink:

To their credit, with all the pictures (but nothing in the text) they do seem to be disclosing all the visible blemishes (small rips in headliner, chipped paint,...)