• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone order a 2008 GT/CS?

P

PNewitt

It's that time, and I was wondering if anyone out there has ordered their 2008 GT/CS?

I just received a (very nice) letter in my P.O. Box from the east coast telling me what they found out about the '08's--and that theirs will be available in mid August.

(psst..."The cat may be out of the bag by now..")

Paul N.

68 GTCS

Are they going to do anything special for the 40th, like special embroidery, emblems etc.?
I have'nt seen the 08 yet.

Kevin

Z28ZL1

Good question...Guess it would depend on how the sales of the current
2007/2008 models go. Ford is building special editions of the Bullit and possibly Boss 302 Mustangs, not to mention the 500KR. Well just have to wait and see.

wsmjrpe

2008 GT/CS Ordered

This is my first post on this website, hope I don't embarass myself.

I ordered my 2008 GT/CS from a dealer last Saturday. Today I was given the order no. by the dealer. I've read where the order (car) can be tracked as it is being built. Could someone please let me know how this is done?

When the car arrives, I plan to have Ford Racing Parts super charger, drag pack and x-pipe kits installed. By the paperwork this should add about 125 hp to the stock 300 hp for a total of about 425 hp. I'm sort of making my own version of a cobra motor (i.e. somewhere between the stock GT and the Shelby GT 500). Does anyone have experience with upgrades like these? I don't plan on racing the car, just "enjoying it" every now and then.

This car is a 25th wedding anniversary for me and my wife. Obviously, the car is more for me (she refers to it as my "mid-life crisis mobile"), with the long-distance trip we plan to take in it for our anniversary being more for her.

Any other comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.

bztz4m

This is my first post on this website, hope I don't embarass myself.

I ordered my 2008 GT/CS from a dealer last Saturday. Today I was given the order no. by the dealer. I've read where the order (car) can be tracked as it is being built. Could someone please let me know how this is done?

When the car arrives, I plan to have Ford Racing Parts super charger, drag pack and x-pipe kits installed. By the paperwork this should add about 125 hp to the stock 300 hp for a total of about 425 hp. I'm sort of making my own version of a cobra motor (i.e. somewhere between the stock GT and the Shelby GT 500). Does anyone have experience with upgrades like these? I don't plan on racing the car, just "enjoying it" every now and then.

This car is a 25th wedding anniversary for me and my wife. Obviously, the car is more for me (she refers to it as my "mid-life crisis mobile"), with the long-distance trip we plan to take in it for our anniversary being more for her.

Any other comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Here is the link to the Ford Employee site. You just need to create a userid and password and post a thread asking for help tracking your car.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

Also if you want to get a detailed report about your car and features it was built with you can get a HVBOM report from the parts department at your Ford dealer once you get your VIN number. Here is my HVBoM report on my CT/CS.

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 33
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 24
  • page3.jpg
    page3.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 18
  • page4.jpg
    page4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18
  • page5.jpg
    page5.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 18

macn8ez

2008 Gt/cs

Just bought a candy apple red 2008 GT/CS from the dealer lot. I love this car. Dealer did not order ambient lighting but I was ok with that. I've added alot of Steeda interior billet parts, hood struts and sequential flashers. I'm awaiting a lower grill from Shelby in black in a few days. I'm a newbie to the site and as soon as I figure out how to attach pics I'll post them.

Macn8ez

wsmjrpe

Thank you

Here is the link to the Ford Employee site. You just need to create a userid and password and post a thread asking for help tracking your car.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

Also if you want to get a detailed report about your car and features it was built with you can get a HVBOM report from the parts department at your Ford dealer once you get your VIN number. Here is my HVBoM report on my CT/CS.

Thank you for the information about the blueovalforums.com, I have registered and will be able to have the car tracked once a VIN is assigned. I also plan to request the HVBOM report once I get the VIN.

mwilson7

I've put both the standard and intercooled version of the FRPP supercharger kit on an 07 Cal Special and can tell you that you won't be dissapointed! I'd hold off on installing the drag pack until you drive it with the supercharger as it's a pretty good kick!

I also just received an email yesterday that stated that the superchargers now come with a warranty if installed by a Ford Dealer.

bztz4m

Thank you for the information about the blueovalforums.com, I have registered and will be able to have the car tracked once a VIN is assigned. I also plan to request the HVBOM report once I get the VIN.

Once you get your VIN number assigned or serialized you will need to go to the Ford Part Department to have the HVBoM report produced. The Blueoval forum will not do that part for you.

albegtcs

WSMJRPE, before you have the dealer add anything you beilve will be covered by a warranty from Ford. Please contact the service manger from the dealership you are buying the car from and get the warranty details in writing from them before anything is installed. I have a 07 and was going to add some ford motorsport parts, However the dealer would not install them and still recognize the 3 year warranty on the vehicle.

Dougs Stang

I have also ordered a 2008 GT/CS candy Apple Red, the dealer told me it should be in by the end of Sep. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for it. I have always wanted a Mustang but with the family coming first I never got one.. now that the kids are older it is my turn..