• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS LED replacement bulbs

66hcs-conv

Hey all.

Happy 4th !:flag:

I've got my '66 ammeter in a shop to be converted to a volt meter, and thought I would replace all the INTERIOR incandescent instrument lights with LED.

I've gotten bulbs from different sources, and they are loose in the old sockets. The little tabs/bumps at the base of the bulbs don't stick out far enough to hold the bulb in the socket, and the bulb ends up cocked.

Anybody found bulbs that fit?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

Bobsdad

Hey Dave, I know this post is a few years old but my red plasma bulbs from West Coast Classic Cougars fit nice and tight. It was actually a bit harder to shove them in than I expected.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ricky Knapik

Hey Dave, I know this post is a few years old but my red plasma bulbs from West Coast Classic Cougars fit nice and tight. It was actually a bit harder to shove them in than I expected.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
They are certainly a bitch to install!