• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

4V Intake manifold differences 302cid

CalPaul

For a 4V cid there are several intakes available. Some are single plane (one big hole; dual plane (two somewhat oval holes) and another where there are 4 equal holes for each carb barrel. Could be more but this is what I've looked at. ANYWAY, what do these different designs offer? Any input would be appreciated!

P

PNewitt

I wouldn't get too caught up in which type of intake to get. I know that the car mags like to get into all the gory details, but I would just get a (vintage type) COBRA hi-rise intake from Tony Branda Performance, and bolt it on. You should use a Holley 600 or 650 (or Edelbrock), and bolt it on, too. A good set of dual exhaust will work fine with this.

This intake has a great mid-range; as if it makes the car look for hills to climb!

A cool setup that you will be real happy with. It not enough torque--get a set of tri-y headers.

Just my two bits-
Paul.

carvensno

I agree with Paul, repro hi rise or a Edelbrock performer will do.

when you start looking at single plane design, your looking at the 500 & 600 HP range more for drag racing, a nice dual plane design like the performer or a repro corba manifold will do you plenty good.

One thing i like about these cars is, you can thro a carb, manifold and exhuast and they will wake up these ponys real nice and sounds good!!! ;D :p

good luck with your purchase you'll love it! ;D

PB gtcs

you all can look at our engine in the gallery. We used an alum intake from early 80 s 5.0. then a 600 holley. Looks cool to us and it ran very nicely on the test stand. bead blasted the intake and then had it clear/powder coated.

Stevenson Boys