• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bunch of Interior Questions

Mosesatm

The interior is completly gutted and I'm almost ready to put it back together. Got a few questions first:

1. I am toying with the idea of using leather to cover the door frames and quarter trim. Any thoughts on that? Has anyone seen it done before? I think Cougars have quarter trim upolstry. Will Cougar quarter trim panels swap into a Mustang?

2. Finally found a vendor on-line who sells deluxe seat upolstry with comfort weave inserts in aqua but I'm not yet sure if they are 2-tone. Does anyone know of any suppliers who offers 2-tone seat covers with comfort weave inserts? Are the original deluxe blue or aqua seats 2-tone or monotone?

3. There is also a vendor who offer leather seat upolstry. Has anyone used leather in their cars? If so, roughly how much did it cost?

4. My car has air and there seems to be a piece of foam between the defroster duct assembly and the center housing difuser thngy for the air (the plastic housing the air ducts hook into). Does anyone make replacement foam for this connection? The foam is inside the chamber and seems to be some sort of quasi-filter.

5. Does anyone know how to get the front speaker out without disaseembling the air conditioning duct housing mentioned in #4.

This is just sooooooo much @$#%& fun in 99 degree weather!!!! This was the hottest and driest June in History for Houston. Not a good time to be dealing with 40 year old carpet underlayment and headliner insulation. Yuck!! :p

I hope you Denver guys wake up every day appreciating where you live.

Thanks for any advice you all (still can't say "y'all") offer.