• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Intake Manifold Color?

68gt390

For 1968 it was actually called "Ford Coporate Blue". The manifold and engine were all the same color. If you us "Old Ford Blue" it's too lite. Best color to use is "Dark Ford Blue". I'll post the name of the stuff I used when I get home tonight. Most of your parts places carry it.

OK - Dupli-Color Engine Enamel, Ford Dark Blue, DE1606.

Don

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

This is the most correct

Plasti-kote
Engine Enamel
Ford Blue NO.224

Silver and gray can

I have seen parts places call this Dark Ford Blue as well.

imported_tree

color/correct

is this the same old ford blue that i have on the power steering pump?. thats the only thing i have left to paint under the hood. thanks terry . if you guys could steer me in the right direction...................................

RedGTvert

The power steering pump should be a different color than the engine color. It is more of a silvery teal blue color, at least on my 70 Mach it was and same for my GTA. I'll check with my restoration guy and find out what it is exactly. Probably won't be before Monday though. If someone could post a pic, I'll email it to them to show the PS pump on my GTA.

Mosesatm

Here's a page from a reference guide I received with my GT/CS.

Last edited: