• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale T code in Texas for 13K

platnumheart666

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 59

h20cycle

I just confirmed with the seller it is still for sale. Will re-list on ebay today. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to have it inspected? Also, seems like more of a $10K car. Any input?

68CaliSp

It's probably about 10 min from me. I can take a look at it and take some pictures for you. I have yet to find a decent shop or mechanic in this area, but I have not looked too hard either.

h20cycle

Thank you 68CaliSp. I took the time to do a reality check on budget and logistics. I will need to keep my 6 cyl, manual project out of the GT/CS world (regular Mustang 1/2 the price and local). Again, many thanks for the offer. PK

h20cycle

68CaliSp, I can't help but notice you have a 6cyl, manual too. I am obsessing over a 67/68 coupe 6cyl - T5 - Retro fit A/C - daily driver. Any input to support or steer me away?

68CaliSp

I cannot think of many reasons to steer you away from getting a 6cyl. The main drawback would be if you ever decide to sell; a 6 cyl just won't pull as much cash as a V8 car in my experience. If you can find a true T5 (export car, right?) then that would be cool and probably a different story.

Mine has always been a pleasure to work on because there is so much room under the hood. You don't have to worry about smashing knuckles very often. Ford did well buidling the 6's; mine always starts for me, even if its been sitting for a long time. Just charge up the battery and pump some fuel back in the carb and your good to go. Parts have always been easy to find, but I don't obsess over finding NOS parts for mine. The only headache I had was finding 4 lug baby moons when I beat up a pair in high school...

I love mine, even though it's been a little neglected since I bought the GT/CS. Driving has always been fun, especially having the manual and 4:10's in the back. Once I transition out of the service and settle down I plan to start giving it some love again, starting with a new clutch.

I'm sure of couple other guys here on the site will have a few things to add about the 6s as well.

h20cycle

Many thanks, and glad to hear it. Not too worried about resale but do want to buck the new car system and go retro. I figured I would retrofit a current 5 spd trans. Since a 66 or newer is nearly a direct bolt-on. Thank you.