• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Convenience Control Group blubs

Cool Manchu

Hi everyone,

Me again, with yet another question...

I am going to replace the bulbs in my console's convenience control group.

Does anyone know the proper bulbs? I have seen 1895s mentioned, but then they conflict themselves and say others are more appropriate.

Also, does anyone know if the console needs to be pulled to change the bulbs or can you remove the lenses and do it that way?

Thanks!

Ruppstang

The low fuel and seatbelt warning take a UL1445. The park brake warning and door agar warning take a UL256. UL256 bulbs are made to flash off and on to draw attention and reduce heat so the lens does not melt. They are not reproduced and must be found NOS. To change bulbs reach in console storage and push out light body, then remove the light body from the lens to change bulbs.
Marty

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

Thanks so much Marty. I saw you had posted on another forum and I couldn't figure out which ones were correct.

You are always such a great help. I really appreciate you, you are such a generous resource with your knowledge.