• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seafoam Green CS Owners...

jc68gtcs

Hey all, I'm trying to find out how rare my car may be before I decide to sink a bunch of money into a nice resto.. After going through the last registry, I found 22 Seafoam green cars with only one that was optioned like mine (and I have reason to believe that that one may have been painted a different color).
So my Seafoam is a 302, 4 Speed, A/C, Hardtop with Disk Brakes up front. The car has around 48,000 Original Miles and still has the smog pump on it. Most people think it's an ugly color and frankly so did I at first but I've grown to love it and I wouldn't change it for anything. When I drive this car, I can't believe the heads that turn, the thumbs up's I get and the people next to you stopped at a light that just have to roll down their windows to ask questions about the car.

Does anyone else have this CS???

crmont

Hey all, I'm trying to find out how rare my car may be before I decide to sink a bunch of money into a nice resto.. After going through the last registry, I found 22 Seafoam green cars with only one that was optioned like mine (and I have reason to believe that that one may have been painted a different color).
So my Seafoam is a 302, 4 Speed, A/C, Hardtop with Disk Brakes up front. The car has around 48,000 Original Miles and still has the smog pump on it. Most people think it's an ugly color and frankly so did I at first but I've grown to love it and I wouldn't change it for anything. When I drive this car, I can't believe the heads that turn, the thumbs up's I get and the people next to you stopped at a light that just have to roll down their windows to ask questions about the car.

Does anyone else have this CS???

I own the repainted car as you describe. Only two were made with the options as you state.

CSdudes

I have a 289 sea foam green w/ AT and front disk brakes. Project car and in the dismantle stage now. I had the same thoughts on the color when I bought it, but it has grown on me too. Still working to convince the boss to keep it sea foam green.

azbeneman

JC, I totally agree with you. My first Mustang 20 years ago was an original paint SFG C-Code coupe, black vinyl top & int. Growing up in So Cal in the 80s, 68 coupes were a dime a dozen. That car stood out and had style. I never should have sold it. (I keep an eye on this site looking for a potential SFG GTCS to replace it)

I am all for restoring a car like that back to the original color. There are still people out there who want something different and would appreciate it.

dalorzo_f

Not this one!

convert_03.jpg

convert_04.jpg

And from the GT/CS book (per Marti) just 138 SFG GT/CS's, 7 other colors with fewer made....

Diesel Donna

:::::::::::throwing hands up in the air:::::::::::: it was only the most popular color in 1968! What could look more sixties!!! Ay yi yi

franklinair

I once had a '68 Lime Gold coupe that morphed into black lacquer :icon_ecst

Neil

Midnight Special

...I think 1 or 2 of mine were Lime Gold. 'Need to go look at my Marti's...

...though Donna, Change your power steering hoses and plug wires to your heart's content, but DON'T change the color!! Neil and I are doing our best to make yours the only Lime Gold GT/CS!! ;-)

Attachments

• IM001703.JPG
    IM001703.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IM001691.JPG
    IM001691.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IM003320.JPG
    IM003320.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 46

CALIF GIRL

My originally Lime goild is red,,,Just to help keep Donna's the only one

Diesel Donna

Ahhhhh Haahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! That was pretty good Tim!!!
I always called her my Thelma and Louise car! There is a reason why Ford came back with Legend Lime!